Wayne Rooney

iniestaGOAT

Underrated af. A complete Footballer. Wonder why people outside UK don't rate him that highly!

In my humble opinion, he's one of the greatest to ever do it.

But lil bro got it the other way around.
It's people in UK who do not appreciate him. Especially united fans.

khaled_a_d

Underrated af. A complete Footballer. Wonder why people outside UK don't rate him that highly!

I think he is rated well enough tbh, although I think in general early bloomers who didn't reach the Ballon d'or level are usually underrated.

Football fans have more appreciation for those who lasts in their 30's. Rooney prime ended so early tbh, hard to believe he is younger than Modric for example.

Also it didn't help he was overshadowed by CR7 during his peak.

Temptation

Football fans have more appreciation for those who lasts in their 30's. Rooney prime ended so early tbh, hard to believe he is younger than Modric for example.

Don't think that's true. Brazilian Footballers are probably the most hyped/overhyped Footballers on the planet even though they don't last long. R9, Dinho, Kaka, Neymar are all very popular and highly rated till date.

Also it didn't help he was overshadowed by CR7 during his peak.

Who wasn't except Messi?

If you mean he was overshadowed by CR7 in his own team, then tell me why Benzema is so highly rated when he spent most of his career as CR7's lackey?

And people don't call Benzema a 1/2 season wonder either for his heroics in 2022. He's very highly rated here for his whole career.

Suarez spent his peak with Messi and still gets rated fairly.

Morten

Wayne Rooney is hardly underrated, he is often talked about as one of the greats.

Versatile player, great engine, team player, could play the support role or the main role, however, the fact that he was done as a footballer at a high level when he was like 30 is definitely something that drags him down.

soul24rage

His teen years showed Ballon D'or level of potential, but the fact that he didn't reach it was what probably made him "underrated" + he didn't really showed up too much as the main man of his team compared to his level of potential although he had a great season from 09/10-11/12 (He had the potential to have a Big Benz season of 21/22)

Still, one of my absolute favorite players ever with an amazing career.

Temptation

Imo, he was such a team player and so selfless that it has hurt his individual legacy.

You need to be a bit of a selfish dickhead to get the apt recognition you deserve.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Imo, he was such a team player and so selfless that it has hurt his individual legacy.

You need to be a bit of a selfish dickhead to get the apt recognition you deserve.

he had already a dickhead in his team, you cant have 2 in 1 team :LOL:

wayne at manu was like benz at real but with a better finishing

Home of Barca Fans