Wayne Rooney

zanela

You can make your point without calling him names, DM. I presume you learnt them after your move to the US. ;)

Moe

powered by;
you're either 14 or never played football before. the way barcelona plays wingers they are pretty much all strikers, in and out of position. So I guess "striker" means that you have to sit infront of the net the entire game hmm? Nah, get a clue. Villa is all over the field and attacks from the wings consistently every single game. He has the experience and skill to easily play as a "left winger", meaning he merely starts at the left but can easily flow and rotate with Ibra AND Messi. Quite funny how b/c wikipedia tells you this is said guys position, you automatically neglect the idea of him being able to do anything else. Good job.

Edit: Henry was 31 years old last season and a "center" striker his entire career until he moved to Barcelona. Yet he scored 20 goals last season. What makes you think Villa or Rooney couldn't do the same? Who do you actually want as a LW replacement? Ribery etc? He isn't exactly known for his goal-scoring prowess, neither is Silva or a few other natural winger targets.

great post.
.. and Henry scored 26 last season ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey don't call our Wayne Shrek! It's a bit racist even! I've popped into this site after watching Barca clips on Youtube, blown away by Barca talent on the one hand and also to see how Thierry Henry is getting on (we miss him!) For one you'd be crazy to underestimate Thierry and secondly you will see a dynamic match maker in Rooney come the World Cup AND you can't have Fabregas back for a long time so be content with the geniuses you have!

Welcome to the forum!

E

Esteve

Hamzah, what the hell are you on about? :icon_neutral:

Get real.

B

beautifulgame

Rooney is making a strong case for Ballon d'Or this season eh?

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
i think that he has become one of the three best players in the world.

1.Messi
2.Rooney
3.Ronaldo

Ibra (nowhere near this standard atm), iniesta, xavi, torres, gerrard, drogba are in the group behind

Hamzah

High Definition Member
everyone jumping on the rooney bandwagon then. he is very good. but is not what barca need.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
The basis is there, now to really file a application he needs to win something. Which will be a lot harder ...............

Indeed, but if man utds form continues, they are looking odds on to win the EPL, rooney has been nothing short of sensational recently, hope it continues will make the B'allon D'or interesting

Aasim

Bumbleman
ManYoo will always win something every year. Rooney just needs to play well in the big games like a semi/final in the CL or WC and score loads of goals in the league just like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Messi have done in the years they won it.

Home of Barca Fans