Wayne Rooney

Barcafan 2304

Any way, going around in circles, said my piece and i guess we will agree to disagree.

Back to the topic, i wonder if Rooney will be started this week after a tough couple of weeks. Awex Ferguson said it has affected him but surely he will play arguably his best player against City?

Footiefan

Any way, going around in circles, said my piece and i guess we will agree to disagree.

Back to the topic, i wonder if Rooney will be started this week after a tough couple of weeks. Awex Ferguson said it has affected him but surely he will play arguably his best player against City?

He should play, also SAF said Rooney is ready to start games.

SAF said:
"I think he's OK," the United manager said. "Actually when he came on [against Liverpool on Saturday] he was quite bubbly. He was full of energy and enthusiasm. He was desperate to get on actually,which is good because when he sat watching the game he probably said: 'Christ I could be out there.' He'll be playing tomorrow

BerkeleyBernie

according to everyone's favourite Catalan, Rooney has been studying Xavi's movements to figure out how best to play in midfield.

I wondered why he was performing so well there! :lol:

Anyone would do well to study Xavi. But part of the movement is reliant on the rest of the team being on the same page, that all players are always positioning themselves to receive a pass, always giving the passer at least two safe options.

What anyone can learn from Xavi is his constant scanning while off the ball. Most players, even at the pro level, only look for options once they have the ball in hand.

Jenks

Anyone would do well to study Xavi. But part of the movement is reliant on the rest of the team being on the same page, that all players are always positioning themselves to receive a pass, always giving the passer at least two safe options.

What anyone can learn from Xavi is his constant scanning while off the ball. Most players, even at the pro level, only look for options once they have the ball in hand.

Let's not be silly.

BerkeleyBernie

Let's not be silly.

Players are usually aware of their immediate 1-2 passes. But to see the rest of the field, they need more time on the ball. Xavi usually has a 360 view in his head before he receives the ball. He doesn't need great speed of body because he has practiced and ingrained a faster speed of mind.

Ventus

Players are usually aware of their immediate 1-2 passes. But to see the rest of the field, they need more time on the ball. Xavi usually has a 360 view in his head before he receives the ball. He doesn't need great speed of body because he has practiced and ingrained a faster speed of mind.

Also, he reaches a third foot into a fifth dimension, allowing him to move the ball around without the opposition knowing it.
The dark magic that man casts is beyond my comprehension...

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
ek4308.png

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Looks like he's on track yet again.

And LOL at him studying Xavi,Rooney hasn't got the dribbling skills to get out of tight spaces which is why he's always loses the ball under pressure.

When you are playing as a forward, its different than in midfield, where you mostly just stay out of trouble.

Home of Barca Fans