Henrik Larsson

Tomba11

Henrik Larsson is the undisputed leader of my football team Helsingborg in Sweden.
He's the local God of football. The young players are happy to have him around. He's their teacher.

He's not as good as he once was, a 37 year old has the experience and the smartness but not the same speed and hunger as a 22 year old - but he's still good enough to win us the games of Allsvenskan, the top division of Sweden. We're top three at the moment, thanks to Larsson of course.

I remember I saw a young talented Henrik Larsson 1992-93 helping our team to get to the first division again, after a long time in lower divisions. And then he went and played WC 1994 and moved to Feyenoord and later Celtic. We swedes followed his career and became supporters of Celtic and Barcelona (I was already a fan of FCB before Henrik joined) and enjoyed watching him do well. So in my football watching history I have long history of cheering for Henrik Larsson. He's The Man on the pitch.

Long live Henrik Larsson. :hooray:

3447786819.jpg

Last edited:

beef-supreme

I have never seen Larsson play good for Sweden, but for every club where he has played, he has been absolutely phenomenal. I hated it when he was injured for ages...

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i had the honor of seeing Henrik play he was just a CLassy player all around.. could improve any side! Brilliant in 2006 final

Hoping he´ll win the Swedish allsvenskan this year so the guy can retire, After all he did win the SPL, EPL, La liga, Champions league, the golden boot, finished third in the world cup and so on.

Legend.

Tomba11

Hoping he´ll win the Swedish allsvenskan this year so the guy can retire, After all he did win the SPL, EPL, La liga, Champions league, the golden boot, finished third in the world cup and so on.

Legend.
Thanks, it's great to have a lot of people around the world thinking exactly the same as me when it comes to Henrik Larsson.

Henrik Larsson's Helsingborg is still third in the swedish league, after IFK Göteborg and Elfsborg
and tomorrow they play Sarajevo in another qualifier game to reach the new Europe League.

Tomba11

Well I read today that Larsson has ended his career after fracturing a knee cap. Here is the article. Larsson ends his career
No, he has not ended his career yet.
He's injured for 8 weeks and may have a hard time coming back but he himself hasn't
said anything about ending his career because of this. It's swedish tabloid speculation.

It's not over until he chooses it to be over himself.

[FCB]Messi[10

No, he has not ended his career yet.
He's injured for 8 weeks and may have a hard time coming back but he himself hasn't
said anything about ending his career because of this. It's swedish tabloid speculation.

It's not over until he chooses it to be over himself.

Did you read the article?? It even says what he said also. "Before the injury I was already sure that I would stop playing football in the autumn, when the league ends. But now this happened an I’m determined to end my career,” explained a prolific Swedish striker" So he has ended his soccer career.

Tomba11

Did you read the article??
No he has not ended his career. Maybe he will but it's not decided yet.
What's true is that he is tired and sad over this knee injury.

I'm reading the news in the local swedish paper in the city where he and I live
and from the website of the local swedish club where he plays.
The rest is bullshit. With all respect to www.fcbarcelonanews.com,
I think they got it from a swedish tabloid and not from a reliable source.

A reliable source is this one

Knäskadan skapar oro kring Henrik Larssons fortsatta karriär — men i Helsingborg är man lugnare. "Allt är bara spekulationer. Jag pratade med Henrik igår och han var vid gott mod", säger tränaren Bosse Nilsson till TT.

Fotbollsstjärnan Henrik Larsson blir borta från allt spel i minst åtta veckor — ett hårt slag för både svenska landslaget och Helsingborg som jagar guldet i allsvenskan.

Säsongen behöver inte vara över — men ryktena har talat om att 37-årige Larsson ska tacka för sig och lägga skorna på hyllan.

Något som HIF avfärdar som — rykten.

— Tidningarna verkar veta bäst. Själv har jag inte hört någonting om att han skulle sluta. Det är bara spekulationer, säger Bosse Nilsson, som pratade med Larsson under fredagen.

— Han var vid gott mod. Han hade ont efter matchen men tyckte att det hade känts bättre och bättre sedan dess, säger Nilsson.
http://hd.se/sport/2009/08/01/hif-det-aer-bara-spekulationer/

The truth is:
The manager of the club where Henrik Larsson plays spoke to him yesterday.
"I have not heard anything of him quitting, it's just rumours in the tabloids."
"They seem to know this better than what we do, me and Henrik."
"Henrik will tell me in time when he decides to quit."
"He was in pain after the game but he is feeling better now."
"He will be away for 8 weeks and then we have to see what happens."

Home of Barca Fans