USA

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Well, the thing is that not a single one of the players from the Confederations Cup roster played in the match against Mexico yesterday. It was basically the USA's third/fourth level players -- young guys from MLS and a couple of guys who play in Norway. So it would have been an upset had the U.S. won the match. But it was disappointing to see them fall apart like that after playing such a good first half.
Oh right, never realised that. Forget what I said then.

BARCA-kt

Bradley plays for a relegation clubs in germany.. While onyewu will be a flop for milan.. Those americans in england are jus OK.. Except for the goalkeppers.. :D
What i want to see is dos santos cant adapt well in premier league.. He should move back to spain.. VISCA BARCA!! :)

Ish Kabibble

Bradley plays for a relegation clubs in germany.. While onyewu will be a flop for milan.. Those americans in england are jus OK.. Except for the goalkeppers.. :D
What i want to see is dos santos cant adapt well in premier league.. He should move back to spain.. VISCA BARCA!! :)

Actually, Bradley's club didn't get relegated and the previous season he scored 16 goals for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie. And Clint Dempsey has arguably been the best player on Fulham (which finished 7th in the EPL and earned a spot in the Europa League) for the past two seasons. Plus, regardless of Vela and Dos Santos, the United States has been far more successful than Mexico over the past several seasons. Mexico has beaten the U.S. in Mexico, but nowhere else (aside from beating the C Team yesterday in the Gold Cup).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think they are more about counter attack and organisation and being hard to break down. they are a unit and not individual skill, apart from dempsey and maybe donovan.

barcaUSA

I think they are more about counter attack and organisation and being hard to break down. they are a unit and not individual skill, apart from dempsey and maybe donovan.

seems thats going to be their best strategy, they certainly wont win it by possession or creating tons of chances themselves. I would expect pretty much the same approach they used in the Confed Cup. If they play as well as they did (minus the final) US def has a strong shot at getting out of their group...without Connor Casey

Pepe Silvia

USA soccer never did anything for me as a kid. In fact the only thing I knew about footie growing up was Pele and Valderama for his hair mind you. I don't cheer for USA because the footie played is lame and mostly the roster is ivy league types. The urban American (where the real roughneck USA athletes are), will never be into football. Therefore, USA "soccer" will never compete. Certainly not because they can't but because the public won't accept it and recruits the suburban type. There you have it. Send that to ESPN.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
USA soccer never did anything for me as a kid. In fact the only thing I knew about footie growing up was Pele and Valderama for his hair mind you. I don't cheer for USA because the footie played is lame and mostly the roster is ivy league types. The urban American (where the real roughneck USA athletes are), will never be into football. Therefore, USA "soccer" will never compete. Certainly not because they can't but because the public won't accept it and recruits the suburban type. There you have it. Send that to ESPN.

I live in the so called redneck bible belt yet i have seen quite a bit of passion for the game here tbh... most everyone supports United but i am still pretty amazed by the amount of interest..the only problem is the country is so big yet so baren of any pro teams within a decent distance.. I think the US national team will be able to get through their group and have the ability to compete. The best athletes in America will always play football and basketball, mostly the higher class kids are the ones playing footy. And Baseball has rreally taken a turn to the hispanics and islander and even asians.. American sports are strange their main problem is they lack relegation and use playoffs which makes for way to many Dead games. They also lack signing and scarfs ;) but hey USa is a young country years behind the evolution of other countries when it comes to sports fandom

Pepe Silvia

I live in the so called redneck bible belt yet i have seen quite a bit of passion for the game here tbh... most everyone supports United but i am still pretty amazed by the amount of interest..the only problem is the country is so big yet so baren of any pro teams within a decent distance.. I think the US national team will be able to get through their group and have the ability to compete. The best athletes in America will always play football and basketball, mostly the higher class kids are the ones playing footy. And Baseball has rreally taken a turn to the hispanics and islander and even asians.. American sports are strange their main problem is they lack relegation and use playoffs which makes for way to many Dead games. They also lack signing and scarfs ;) but hey USa is a young country years behind the evolution of other countries when it comes to sports fandom
The problem is marketing. The big four (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) get far greater funds to wheel and deal. MLS puts on a show of whiny sissies running around with no sense of tactic or talent. No one wants to watch that. It then translates into a false thinking that ALL soccer (football) is similar to MLS which further strengthens their position to shove it aside - they've never witnessed Messi's runs or Xavi's majesterial command of midfield. Put on top of all of that that in America one has to PAY to watch EPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc. in packages through their cable providers and you will DEFINITELY not get a vast majority of people flooding in to support footie. It's just that simple. Urban America is where American athletes are bred. And they are second to none. However, there isn't funding to send these Urban American soccer stars to ivy league colleges, from which MLS athletes and future Team USA stars are recruited. I promise you look at the rough necks that teams like Argentina, Spain, Brazil, and Germany put together and then look at Team USA. They look like a bunch of stock brokers. It's pitiful and DOES NOT represent us well. Like I said though man, I'm not a fan of USA soccer because I got into football myself and by my own will so I stick to myself and the sides I love and American fans I send them off to their United and Chelsea bearing our Blaugrana stripes.

veryfatchocobo

I live in hillbilly land. The only people that watch soccer are some Barça fans from the local Jesuit college. We soccer fans/players here get so much stuff for playing the sport. It's pitiful really. What makes it worse is the style of football we play here: long ball it and hope their track and field runner turned striker connects to the ball. That never works. @_@

MLS is pitiful because our best players end up moving to England anyway, but then again, it's a good thing for them.

Home of Barca Fans