USA

BlaugranaInTheUSA

Well, tonight just shows (not that any didn't already know) but just how outclassed we are across the board against countries such as Belgium. About the only thing we can take from this game is we gained some experience and hopefully the mistakes that were made in this game will help to refine these players games. The USMNT has a long, long way to go to ever be a serious and strong contender worldwide, but I believe with the foundation and growing interest in the beautiful game we will get there. It will take years of youth development and more exposure to the sport as an alternative to the already mega popular sports such as American football, basketball, baseball, etc. One day we will get there and I, as well as the rest of the American Outlaws, will be there behind them all the way.

One more friendly against Germany (ouch) and then it's on to continue in the HEX!

89Norcal

I wouldn't feel too bad. Belgium are a top, top side at the moment.

Ya Belgium have really come up recently. Just look at some of the players...Lukaku, Kompany, Hazard, Feillani, Mertens, Benteke, Vertonghen, Vermalaen, they really are going through a bright generation at the moment.

I've been watching the Toulon Tournament (so U-20s) and the U.S. have a couple quality players, but they lost to France and then 2-1 to Colombia today after going 1-0 up.

What's important is we nurture the talent and not allow their progress to stagnate by limiting them to MLS. Hopefully some more players catch the eye of international scouts. One of our defenders, Stanko, is currently in FC Freiburg's system in the Bundesliga so that's a definite plus.

Hopefuly Klinsmann can save himself and provide an alleyway for these youngsters.

BerkeleyBernie

US 1 Panama 0 Concaf Gold Cup Final

A snooze, pretty much as expected. Panama sitting back, USA possessing the ball in their own half with no creativity to get the ball forward. The two best teams in the tournament, but that's not saying much. USA learning to hold the ball better, but still no creativity (without Dempsey, and with Donovan up top). Players have no real tactical awareness- will try to shove balls up the wing even the winger is isolated and well marked.

Klinsmann was banished, so he might have made some changes earlier if he'd been on the bench. Given that Panama was sitting back, Donovan should have played a false 9 to give more options in the center midfield in Panama's half.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alex Morgan ready for the USA vs Ghana game! :wub:

BqSDVcRIgAIfQfU.jpg:large

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
We should leave her alone in a room with Suarez before buying. Suarez would have had his share and be a good boy for us.....

Cule4life

The Culest
A good one

"Ann Coulter's date nights : Everyone just runs up and down the field and, every once in a while, a ball accidentally goes in". :VdB:

Home of Barca Fans