USA

iced1776

Davies isn't the final answer to our striker problem smileyz, he provides a ton of pace and stretches defenders so Jozy can more easily receive and move the ball, but in the end neither are particularly good finishers. If either one of them could shoot it would be a fantastic partnership, but right now that isn't the case. Luckily both are very young and can improve though.

XaviMessiGirl

Petition going around to bring the WC back to the USA in 2018 or 2022. If we are serious about getting the American public's interest into football, I think this is something that needs to happen.

J

jiltgei_selb

Hi...well I'm new here, so I'm just reading through some of the threads, including this one...

From my perspective, Football (Soccer) seems to be gaining a LOT of ground here. We are behind most other countries, but there is a pretty strong following here and I think it will only grow from here on out. The US is really big and really diverse too: it's not all Nascar and Basketball for example.

AC Milan recently did a friendly here against our Chicago Fire. They went pretty lightly on us and they still won. Manchester United this past Summer did a tour here of several cities. The game is most definitely becoming more popular here and that is only good for the game. A lot of people have wanted this for a long time, and now it's happening.

nebeer

Love is All
If Bradley at all leaves the US job, I think it would be very nice to see him manage a club in La Liga.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
Anyone watching the USA/Colombia game? USA seems to be playing without a lot of passion at the moment. Maybe because the MLS playoffs are to begin soon.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So Klinsmann is the new US coach, to nobody's surprise.

Great trainer, poor tactician, he should be good at playing to the team's typical strengths as I think he will be a good motivator, and definitely knows his American soccer. While I don't rate him as a great overall manager he's a good fit, especially if he can find a good X's and O's guy as an assistant like he had with Low in Germany.

I don't think he will be a game changer but is a clear step up from Bradley, and should have been appointed a year ago.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Why did they get rid of him? I actually liked Bradley, he looked like a racist to me lol anyways idk why they did I mean what did they expect from him? To win a world cup? No offense but not with those players.

Kerrybai

Also the US will have to play games in central America on pitches that are like concrete. They don't complain and get on with it. Also as far as I know the CR players wanted to continue around the start of the second half.

Blue Demon

FIFA struck down Costa Rica's request to replay the game.

Huge game tonight. If they could pull a win, it'll put Mexico in a quandary and give a lift to the U.S., especially Klinsmann.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Talk about David vs Goliath, no way Costa Rica was going to get FIFA to force a replay when it's the US

PearLBLacK

Banned
No use appealing now. The ref should have stopped it, regardless if the players wanted to keep playing or not. When a match becomes unplayable due to weather, it's the ref's responsibility to either stop it completely or delay it, like in that Sweden - Ukraine match in the Euros.

Home of Barca Fans