Ligue 1

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Auxerre , 2 seasons ago in the CL this year relegated by a country mile ... Villarreal II

Shame for Auxerre I used to watch them a lot in the early 00's with the likes of Mexes, Boumsong, Pedro Reyes, Fadiga, Faye, Kapo, Mathis, Tainio, Cisse and Guivarc'h. How you ask I recollect so easily their team from that era, because I used to be Auxerre a lot on champ man 01/02 and used to buy their players often as well :D

Shame for Auxerre that they are relegated. I see St. Etienne (I like St. Etienne) managed a respectable 7th position.

DucdeOrléans

Carlo.....doing what he did at Juve and Milan. (not winning league titles)

But well French football - sacré bleu.

Auxerre relaged after 32 years in Ligue 1. Two season ago they played in the CL....

Montpelier (played in the Ligue 2 three seasons ago:lol:) won the league this Sunday. Fully deserved and an amazing achievement.

And right now a fat boss called Louis Nicollin (Montpellier's president - google him) has an even worse haircut than Neymar.:lol:

In other news Stade de Reims (7 time champion of France and two time CL-finalist) are back in Ligue 1 after many years of absence. It's the former club of legends such as Kopa and Fontaine. Reims is located in the Champagne region - surprise, surprise the birth place of champagne.;)

Moreover Bastia are back in Ligue 1 and Ajaccio managed to stay up so next season we can look forward to the Corsican derby.

Another "funny" fact: All Ligue 1 champions from the 1994-1995 season to the 2000-2011 season, apart from Bordeaux (1998-1999) will all play in Ligue 2 next season. Talk about a rollercoaster league.

Only in France.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Thiago Silva is definately back but i'm not sure Ibra is ready, i'll be watching :p as much as i don't like the way they've splashed money around i can't deny that there team is pretty damn awesome.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx.

I like the odds on PSG but then again Bordeaux seems very solid. Defeated strong Rennes in the last round.

BarcaGirl

So that makes it now the 3rd draw in a row for PSG. You'd think with all their cash they would buy someone who could pass the ball to Ibra!
Well, I hope they pick up from now on ...I've always had a soft spot for Zlatan ...I want him to do well.

Home of Barca Fans