Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi apparently planning for next season with him in the squad, as a midfielder lol. Sounds very naive. A midfielder without legs won't work, no matter how good he is on the ball.

malvolio

Xavi apparently planning for next season with him in the squad, as a midfielder lol. Sounds very naive. A midfielder without legs won't work, no matter how good he is on the ball.

Messi will piggyback on Gavi. Messi with the brain, Gavi with the lungs.

Givenchy

This will be a disaster imo. No doubt he shouldn't of left the way he did but bringing him back now will only do damage to his Barca legacy. He'll be on big wages, will be guaranteed to start every match and doesn't have it in him to play more than a bit-part role at his age. Club will get an initial boost if he re-joins then it will fall off a cliff.

Best scenario: Messi goes to MLS for a few seasons, we continue the rebuild and then sign him for half a season when the new stadium is built and he retires after that.

Porque

This will be a disaster imo. No doubt he shouldn't of left the way he did but bringing him back now will only do damage to his Barca legacy. He'll be on big wages, will be guaranteed to start every match and doesn't have it in him to play more than a bit-part role at his age. Club will get an initial boost if he re-joins then it will fall off a cliff.

Best scenario: Messi goes to MLS for a few seasons, we continue the rebuild and then sign him for half a season when the new stadium is built and he retires after that.

Great post.

Shitting bricks about a Messi return. Will probably take a break from Barcelona in that scenario and get my football dosage from my local.

Just can't bring myself to have to sit through Messi at his age alongside with the 30+ rumoured signings. All of this after taking levers and seemingly working hard to lower the wage bill, and average squad age while cleansing of bloated contracts?

Nah, fuck off.

fergus90

Should play in Argentina and be treated like a king every week but he deserves a testimonial in a packed Camp Nou at some point.

malvolio

will only do damage to his Barca legacy.

lol at people still talking about legacies. nothing that messi will do on the pitch from now on will matter for his legacy.

he completed football. no one did that. and no one will remember if he played crap or not for a season, while semi-retired at barca.

this is on messi, laporta and xavi now. too many ifs and buts before something concrete happens.

soul24rage

Still don't think he will come back to Barca this summer. Feels like a lot a lot of work needs to be done to get this over the line.

Plus the team will play in Montjuic next season. I don't see any point in bringing Messi if the team is not playing a Camp Nou next season.

mc_lovin

Don't think the club will bend over for Messi.

I for one am thrilled about a possible return.

Birdy

Wage/FFP/Tebas aside,

Only if he accepts the bench/impact sub/guiding youngsters role, he should come back.
No way if he wants to be a starter and every play going through him.
It will be a 10 step back regression of our rebuilt

Hardy

Still don't think he will come back to Barca this summer. Feels like a lot a lot of work needs to be done to get this over the line.

Plus the team will play in Montjuic next season. I don't see any point in bringing Messi if the team is not playing a Camp Nou next season.

he'll sign for 2 years then

Home of Barca Fans