Liga Round 26: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

xXKonan

Ter Stegen, Araujo, Kound?, Christensen, Balde; Sergi Roberto, Busquets, De Jong, Gavi; Raphinha y Lewandowski (MD)

Roberto in for Kessie it appears.

mdenci

Gavi is every bit as important as Pedri lol, just a different profile. He's far more energetic, fearless, and tough than Pedri. Pedri of course is more technical, but is weaker defensively in all areas.

Different players for sure, but if one is missing there's a hole in the team, be it in creativity in case of Pedri, or in defensive aspects, pressuring, tackling, ball recoveries in case of Gavi. Gavi is predominantly an off the ball player, not as flashy as Pedri but very important. Pedri is one of the best players on the ball in the team in terms of creativity and flair, but off the ball he has issues and his physical qualities are subpar.

Well, statistics say otherwise - in La Liga only, Gavi averages 1.4 recoveries per match, while Pedri is a bit better with 1.7 per match. It's easy to be misguided by Pedri's flashing attacking abilities, but he performs well (if not better than well) in the defensive assignments.

Gnidrologist

A level above is gross exaggeration to me.
More like underestimation. Pedri has world class potential and a unique specimen. Things he can do, no one does, but he is inconsistent and can get into slopes. He's 20. Iniesta was about the same at his age and he had courtesy of being a substitute at the time, no someone, who should lead the team. Gavi imo is just a fighter type mid, who is most needed for us, but i doubt he ever develop skills and know how, what Pedri has in his genes already. I definitely appreciate Gavi for what he is and he will become more mature and refined as he ages, but not into elegant and almost sometimes genius mid that Pedri can be. With competent DM, they both complement each other in just the right way.

Home of Barca Fans