Does messi have intensions of coming back?

mc_lovin

Would take Messi over Lewy any day of the week.

On a moderate salary I would be over the moon if we sold Dembele/Raphina for 50m plus and have Messi+one of them at RW (until hopefully Yamal comes of age).

ajnotkeith

Yes. Just as with Alves, LaLiga would intepret the salary as what they think it is worth relevant to the cap.

No idea why I am in the article title, but take a look.

https://elliottturner.substack.com/p/la-liga-salary-cap-and-that-porque

We're getting fucked if Messi returns even if he is on a low contract basically. And I just don't see him returning for a year at Montjulic where income will be even lower.

Maybe for the last song at the newly renovated Camp Nou Spotify perhaps.

The reasoning seems solid but then they are calculating salaries that are totally obscenely valued vs the actual player. They put Alves at like 5m or something when he was no better than Liga mid table quality.

Plus, taking the salary from the past club (PSG) who have much less lax FP rules in their league and much more money to offer isn't fair. It should at least be contextualised for Spain where salaries are always a lot lower than some other big leagues...

ajnotkeith

Would take Messi over Lewy any day of the week.

On a moderate salary I would be over the moon if we sold Dembele/Raphina for 50m plus and have Messi+one of them at RW (until hopefully Yamal comes of age).

Ideally neither of them are part of the project next year and we continue to add intensity and youth to the team.

Lewandowski physically is struggling in this high press setup and hasn't got young legs to press like these others. Messi would be more of the same and likely not do any off-ball work.

Porque

The reasoning seems solid but then they are calculating salaries that are totally obscenely valued vs the actual player. They put Alves at like 5m or something when he was no better than Liga mid table quality.

Plus, taking the salary from the past club (PSG) who have much less lax FP rules in their league and much more money to offer isn't fair. It should at least be contextualised for Spain where salaries are always a lot lower than some other big leagues...

Yeah, I do not think they should even interpret salaries for incoming players to LaLiga. It is a slippery slope. Especially with Alves as the 5m wage is short term contract and can not be amortized by the club. Does that mean those 5m for 6 months of Alves are still counting against our 3 year salary cap calculations for example?

But even if they were to calculate previous wage, Alves was on just under 3.5m gross at Sao Paulo so how does it become 5m for us?

Clearly though, we were gaming the system. But gaming the system doesn't mean breaking the rules. It should just mean amending the rules in years going forward to stop similar loopholes, not making rule change and applications on the fly.

If you search on Capology the LaLiga gross wages of 37 year olds you have Raul Albiol on just under 5m, Navas on 4m and David Silva on 2.9m. So maybe through the LaLiga market rates Alves should have been placed around the 2-4m range considering average LaLiga rates of similar ages.

Can clearly see Tebas has an agenda based on those two data points, Alves previous wage and LaLiga average wage of similar players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans