13. (16) Switzerland

14. (20) Serbia

15. (24) Denmark

16. (29) Australia

17. (11) Portugal

18. (38) Ivory Coast

19. (19) Ukraine

20. (17) Uruguay

Can someone honestly explain this to me? Spain havent lost since 2006, yet they lose one game in the confederations cup and therefore go down to 2nd, with Brazil replacing them at first. Brazil have been nowhere near as good as Spain in the last four years (apparently thats what its based on), and HOW are Holland, or were Holland, 2nd? That makes no sense if your doing it on what the teams win, Holland would not be in that position, and if your doing it on just how good they've been, Spain top that. Portugal are not that bad, as much as I dislike them England should be above Russia at least...the whole thing is wrong?

V

Valon

Easy. FIFA loves everything that is from Brazil. So they used this chance.

PaulFCB

Banned
Brazil won the Copa America in 2007 while Spain won the 2008 Euro, yes, Spain's last defeat was in Novemeber 2006 in Cadiz against Romania but that doesn't mean they were have the right to remain nr. 1 just because they won the Euro. Brazil have reached the Quarter Finals in 2006, Won Copa America 2007 and Confederations Cup 2009, Spain lost in the Last 16 in 2006, Won Euro and Finished 3rd at the Confederations Cup.
What I do consider a bit ridiculous is the UEFA Ranking for the clubs. Champions League doesn't give you more points the UEFA/Europa League. 1 Victory = 2 points, Draw = 1 point in both competitions, only a few points bonus in Champions League. I think Champions League should bring you twice the points the UEFA Cup brings.

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that Paul, when reading the coefficients for UEFA the Europa League winner always had a lot less points than the CL winner.

Guardian

What? Switzerland above Bulgaria? What kind of ranking is that? Tennis? Chocolate production? Watch manufacture? Damn it!

PaulFCB

Banned
I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that Paul, when reading the coefficients for UEFA the Europa League winner always had a lot less points than the CL winner.

Yeah, that's why Barcelona is 2nd after Sahtar bloody Donetsk. :D

Last edited:
J

Jordzibob

Ok, so how are/were Holland 2nd? They havent won anything, reached the last 16 in the Euro's, their club teams have done nothing......

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Ok, so how are/were Holland 2nd? They havent won anything, reached the last 16 in the Euro's, their club teams have done nothing......

last 8 + they win alot of qualification matches :d

S

SuperMario

If we'd turn the list upside down, Morocco'd be one of the best ! Why do we have to screw up so much?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

R

Red Devil

FIFA RANKINGS (last month's positions in brackets):

1. (5) Brazil

2. (1) Spain

3. (2) Netherlands

4. (4) Italy

5. (3) Germany

6. (9) Russia

7. (6) England

8. (7) Argentina

9. (10) France

10. (8) Croatia

11. (17) Greece

12. (14) USA

13. (16) Switzerland

14. (20) Serbia

15. (24) Denmark

16. (29) Australia

17. (11) Portugal

18. (38) Ivory Coast

19. (19) Ukraine

20. (17) Uruguay

Can someone honestly explain this to me? Spain havent lost since 2006, yet they lose one game in the confederations cup and therefore go down to 2nd, with Brazil replacing them at first. Brazil have been nowhere near as good as Spain in the last four years (apparently thats what its based on), and HOW are Holland, or were Holland, 2nd? That makes no sense if your doing it on what the teams win, Holland would not be in that position, and if your doing it on just how good they've been, Spain top that. Portugal are not that bad, as much as I dislike them England should be above Russia at least...the whole thing is wrong?

I have to disagree with you England is my nation and I love them but Russia beat us and made the semi of a major event so they should be above us . As for Brazil they shouldnt be above spain but the table is always fiddled for Brazil.

Home of Barca Fans