Julián Araujo (loaned to Las Palmas)

Porque

Douglas was 24-25 when signed and nobody rated him in Brazil. Not even fair to compare Araujo to him imo.

Moussa Wague is probably better comparision in terms of talent (although I think Araujo is more developed than Wague was when signed) but that poor guy was destroyed by injuries after showing some early promise at Barca B.

I think he is more than good enough for Barca B. Already has 3 caps for Mexico NT after previously also making his debut for USMNT. Has played 100 games in MLS and being one of the best RBs there. I know most people here don't rate MLS but don't think their level is really that bad. Clearly not worse than Segunda B/Primera RFEF for example.

He has also gone through Barca Academy in Arizona so should already learned concepts of our game. In other words he has that famous Barca DNA.

First team is another thing ofc but I think with our current RB situation there Araujo should get a preseason under Xavi (could potentially also get a few trainings with them before end of this season after he first settles in with Barca B) and I'd also rather give him a chance than pay 30-40m for likes of Foyth or Pavard. Worst case scenario we keep playing Kounde at RB (which is not ideal and he doesn't like but he'll continue to do so if needed) but better than spending money on players that won't really add anything new to the team.

Mavericky also gave his blessings, we're good.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20230222/1001947462/riqui-puig.html

BTW, this thread should be moved to Barca B and La Masia section.

This.

I have looked more into him and come to the conclusion that he is a decent player, and will be OK. Yes, it is not someone that Barcelona should be adding to the first 11 but he may end up a reliable first team squad player. Basically what Dest should have been, and I think a Dest with a better understanding of football is a good comparison for Araujo.

We just need to see how he copes defensively in Europe as his pace isn't outstanding. That is half the battle for a fullback.

BTW Pavard is close to renewing with Bayern so we can close that chapter (and hopefully the Foyth love too).

Messi983

Where did you see Pavard is close to renew with Bayern? Would be a good news for us.

Will they still buy Cancelo? Maybe Mazraoui will be available then or will they just start to play Pavard as CB as he wants although Bayern have better options there.

Porque

Messi983

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/rumors-barcelona-to-miss-out-on-pavard/ar-AA17LQ5I

No idea. I guess they will only buy Cancelo if they can do a typical Bayern weasel on the purchase price.

Doesn't look the most reliable source to me. What would Italians know about a French player renewing with a German club? I know Inter is/was interested in him but would still wait if someone will either confirm or deny this.

According to this site https://thefalse9.com/2020/08/football-transfer-sources-rumours-website-reliability.html (although 2,5 years old so could be a bit outdated as well) Corriere dello Sport is tier 3 source, same as Sport and Masalagician.

Deco

Culé since 2005
Barcelona did not sign him just for Barca B, he will likely adapt this season and next season fight for his minutes and be a backup.

Porque

To the surprise of absolutely no one. Julian Araujo is struggling to adapt to Barcelona football and the club are looking for an exit.

4/5m down the drain.

Messi983

Fwcc6dLX0AI2GbF

Home of Barca Fans