Victor Barbera

Porque

Just realised he doesn't have a thread.

Cemented himself as the B starter after a shaky start. Scored 7 goals in the UEFA Youth League despite being rested for the final 2 group games. 2 goals in the last 4 games for the B team, who are on winter break until 7th Jan (scored on Wednesday in a charity friendly against Olot too).

Good all around play, pretty quick in both foot and brain. Contract up in the Summer so he has to be one of the top renewal priorities in the B team.

Porque

Breaking into Barcelona as a 9 must be the hardest thing to do in world football. I find we overly complicate the position lending to it only being able to be played by unique set of skills.

Guys got nice traits and looking forward to see our YL run as this group is pretty talented and more mature this year.

Last edited:

jamrock

Breaking into Barcelona as a 9 must be the hardest thing to do in world football. I find we overly complicate the position lending to it only being able to be played by unique set of skills.

Guys got nice traits and looking forward to see our YL run as this group is pretty talented and more mature this year.

The old unique skill set critique lol, but I definitely agree with your point of view.

But I've liked what I've seen from him so far I'm the Youth CL and what highlights I've seen, he seems to have a certain self belief that's critical in making it at the top, combined with great finishing.

Messi983

I think keeping him should be a bigger priority than Yamal (mostly because would also be financially easier).

Should definitely do everything possible to renew his contract. Let him train with the first team (I think he already did a few times), maybe give him some minutes in Copa and then do a preseason in summer. We don't really have a backup #9 so could be groomed in that role next year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Keeping the biggest and best talent should be the highest priority, and Yamal is easily the bigger talent.

Besides it's not a matter of prioritizing the one over the other anyway. Can easily renew both. What is Barbera going to do? Go to Juve only to end up in Girona few years later?

Iniesta Ultra

The back heel lob assist at 1:10 is really good, don't see any of our first team players making that play ever. Many of his goals in the highlight vid I don't see any of our starters except Lewa making either.

Looks very intelligent and fearless, refreshing to see. I like how good he is at lowering center of gravity with a defender right on his back to control and beat him on a 180 turn no less. Our first team in that situation normally just retreats and back passes smh. More DNA and link up play in box in that vid than I've seen from Barca all season. In fact there's more skill shown than what Lewa can do, stunning.

Glad Xavi hasn't had a hand in stunting his development.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Looks like that goal has been given to Juanda.

Yeah it has and thought that could be case as did look like took a touch on way in.

The turn and shot was decent from Barbera.

Dont think he will renew but club should try and then loan him out.

Let Alcaron be the B team striker soon. Even though has been on wing a fair bit he looks like will be a CF and has great timing on his runs.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Seems like he could be off as club not offering great deal to stay.

Alarcon is the one they are backing to stay and be B team striker it appears.

khaled_a_d

Apparently Clug Brugge wants him and offering him good deal.
After Jutgla & Sergi Gomez, I can see why he would like it more than staying

Home of Barca Fans