Eto'o vs Suarez : who was Closer of the ballon d'or ?

Etoshow

According to me,it's Eto'o especially in 2006. But he was also in the debate in 2009. I think it's a shame he didn't get the ballon d'or even once for his prime from 2004-2011 with Bar?a and Inter Milan. And yeah, I know the opponents were people like Ronaldinho, Henry, Shevchenko, Kaka, CR7, Messi, Xavi, Deco, Drogba, Gerrard, Lampard etc. However, I think Eto'o was by far the more consistent in his prime, he got more Champions League titles, and I know people won't agree but in 05-06 the best player of the team is Eto'o with a small head above Roni.

Luis Suarez is also something sp?cial from 2013-2017 but he wasn't the main man in 2015. Maybe I'm biased as an Eto'o fanboy but what do you think about ?

Birdy

Suarez's peak between 2014 and 2016 for Barca cannot be matched by prob any stiker in our entire history

However, Eto'o - despite having a lower peak - was more consistent in producing top performances for many years 2004-2009, that is 5 seasons, contrary to lazy fuck Suarez who after 2017 was getting worse and worse every year to become a fucking fatty clown on the pitch before leaving
If pep wasn't personally obsessed with Etoo he could have stayed a couple more producing again top performances that Inter got the benefits from

Etoshow

Suarez's peak between 2014 and 2016 for Barca cannot be matched by prob any stiker in our entire history

However, Eto'o - despite having a lower peak - was more consistent in producing top performances for many years 2004-2009, that is 5 seasons, contrary to lazy fuck Suarez who after 2017 was getting worse and worse every year to become a fucking fatty clown on the pitch before leaving
If pep wasn't personally obsessed with Etoo he could have stayed a couple more producing again top performances that Inter got the benefits from

I think Peak Eto'o is better than Peak Suarez.

jamrock

Clutchness is not rated around here, so few will rate Eto'o.

I'm kidding, Mr Bigshot is the starting striker in all most sensible Barcelona fans all time XI, is consistency from his Barcelona days to inter is not something anyone can ignore.

Best African player ever & the facts back it up too.

Note I said facts NOT STATS. But probably even that too.

booge

Clutchness is not rated around here, so few will rate Eto'o.

I'm kidding, Mr Bigshot is the starting striker in all most sensible Barcelona fans all time XI, is consistency from his Barcelona days to inter is not something anyone can ignore.

Best African player ever & the facts back it up too.

Note I said facts NOT STATS. But probably even that too.

speed kills. i go with eto'o in prime; had that crazyness about him too to give confidence to the nervous players

Etoshow

So do you think Suarez was Closer to get a ballon d'or than Peak Eto'o ? Like 2015 or 2016 Suarez had more chance to be the best in the World than 2006, 2009 or 2011 Eto'o ? That's the question.

Etoshow

Don't you believe that the team around Suarez was better than the team around Eto'o ? Simply that Barcelona with Suarez was just stronger ? If we check the ball possession, the attempts, the quantity of goals, Barcelona was better than Etoo's time. That's why Suarez has better goals statistics but Eto'o was more important in his days.

Windhook

I'd pick Eto'o any day.

Suarez's peak was in 2013-2015. Of course accompanied with his cannibalism.

KingLeo10

Suarez the better player at his peak, but you don't bet against Eto'o for the biggest games.

3 CLs, back to back trebles, and 2 clutch goals in CL finals.

JohnN

Eto was clutch. I don't know if this can be attributed to luck or not, but it's a fact he showed up in important moments. Would give this one to eto.

Home of Barca Fans