Eto'o vs Suarez : who was Closer of the ballon d'or ?

BarcaOG

Banned
suarez by a mile. he was a complete beast for us even though his last year was meh. 3rd top scorer in just like 3.5 elite-playing years

and we also didnt even have him for his full prime, since he was in beast mode for 2 years at liverpool before he came here

...also we missed out on him for a few months at first due to his suspension :lol:

at his peak suarez was >>>> benz or lewa

Etoshow

Yeah, its weird really like Suarez beat Messi and ronaldo to golden boot WITHOUT penalties mental stat

Go and check Etoo's stats with Bar?a before talking. Suarez was a great player but Eto'o did more for Bar?a and it's a fact.

Last edited:

Etoshow

Suarez. Eto'o is comically overrated on this forum.

Just a question, did you really watch Etoo's peak days with Barcelona and Inter Milan from 2004 to 2011 ? Because putting Eto'o and overrated on the same sentence shows that you must be very young. He was the main man of Barcelona with Ronaldinho, in 2006 he was even the best player of the team. He easily deserved the ballon d'or that year but there was the World cup and they choosed to give it to an Italian for political reasons. Eto'o paid for the lack of mediactic support, his nationality and lobbyings.

There is no year I remember Suarez could get a ballon d'or.

Messigician

Go and check ?too's stats with Bar?a before talking. Suarez was a great player but Eto'o did more for Bar?a and it's a fact.

144 appearances and 108 goals

Suarez

198 appearances and 147 goals

So Suarez had more appearances and more goals

Etoshow

144 appearances and 108 goals

Suarez

198 appearances and 147 goals

So Suarez had more appearances and more goals

If these numbers are real, now I have the confirmation Eto'o was really better thanks bro. Still have a better goals ratio in La Liga while Suarez was playing in a more prolific Barcelona team with more ball possession and better players around just with him as the only striker. It just proves that Eto'o would score more. Eto'o has more versatility, more speed and technique than Luis Suarez.

Messigician

If these numbers are real, now I have the confirmation Eto'o was really better thanks bro. Still have a better goals ratio in La Liga while Suarez was playing in a more prolific Barcelona team with more ball possession and better players around just with him as the only striker. It just proves that Eto'o would score more. Eto'o has more versatility, more speed and technique than Luis Suarez.

Eto'o was the main man

Suarez shared with MSN and still scored more lol

Etoshow

Eto'o was the main man

Suarez shared with MSN and still scored more lol

You clearly didn't watch that 2004-2008 Bar?a team. Let me refresh your mind. The team of Rijkaard played with a front 3 with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Giuly (or Messi). We also had Henrick Larsson who played almost each game as a substitute. Eto'o used to go on the side in each game just because he wasn't the targetman, he permutatted with Ronaldinho, Giuly, Messi, Larsson etc... If I Ask you which position Eto'o played for his 2 CL finals, are you going to answer as a CF ? No way, in Paris 2006 he was LW and in Roma 2009 he was RW. That's the reality. Suarez was the only striker of Barcelona because Messi became more like a number 10, and Neymar used to stay on his side even if he could score goals.

Messigician

You clearly didn't watch that 2004-2008 Bar?a team. Let me refresh your mind. The team of Rijkaard played with a front 3 with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Giuly (or Messi). We also had Henrick Larsson who played almost each game as a substitute. Eto'o used to go on the side in each game just because he wasn't the targetman, he permutatted with Ronaldinho, Giuly, Messi, Larsson etc... If I Ask you which position Eto'o played for his 2 CL finals, are you going to answer as a CF ? No way, in Paris 2006 he was LW and in Roma 2009 he was RW. That's the reality. Suarez was the only striker of Barcelona because Messi became more like a number 10, and Neymar used to stay on his side even if he could score goals.

This is funny

I'm arguing with someone called etoshow

Like he isn't going to be biased lmfao

Waste of time

Etoshow

This is funny

I'm arguing with someone called etoshow

Like he isn't going to be biased lmfao

Waste of time

Is my undername the only argument you have ? Really ? You're maybe right when you say waste of time. However, I note you did everything except answer my topic. This thread was about who between both of them was closest to be ballon d'or, you took it like who is the best. Now juge yourself bro. If you take 2015 Suarez and 2006 Eto'o for exemple, who deserved more a ballon d'or ? That's the question.

Even if for me, Eto'o is the legend.

Andresito

Staff member
What's even the point? To stroke an ego? The best player is a much more interesting discussion. Suarez had his prime in a time of Messi and Ronaldo. Being in the same team as Messi, Suarez was never going to win Ballon d'Or. Sort of how Iniesta/Xavi never won.

If Eto'o would've had his 2006 season in 2016, he'd be nowhere near CR and Messi.
If Suarez would've had his 2016 season in 2006, he'd have a very strong case.

Eto'o 2006
47 games, 34 goals, 10 assists

Suarez 2016
53 games, 59 goals, 24 assists

Almost double the amount of goal contributions.

Kul_z

Suarez from late liverpool and early barca days was a monster. That psg away game in 2015 still for me is one of the greatest striker showing in ko game. Brutal. I love eto'o but suarez

Home of Barca Fans