So what's next for Messi?

Iniesta Ultra

He should have retired tonight...
What other best moment to retire than when winning what he longed for many years?

In the end the only Barca legends that knew WHEN the right moment is to leave were Xavi and Iniesta

Wouldn't want him to continue proving you wrong smh.

Richard.H

He will carry Mbappe to a CL trophy, assist him for all the goals, then pack his bags and come to Miami FC.

KingLeo10

He will carry Mbappe to a CL trophy, assist him for all the goals, then pack his bags and come to Miami FC.

Imagine having a player who's:

World Champion
South American Champion
4 x European Champion
10 x Spanish Champion
7 x Ballon D'Or winner
6 x European Golden Shoe winner

play live for us to watch in the US, dawg. What a treat it will be. I'm going to go to every Inter Miami game possible :lol:

Richard.H

Imagine having a player who's:

World Champion
South American Champion
4 x European Champion
10 x Spanish Champion
7 x Ballon D'Or winner
6 x European Golden Shoe winner

play live for us to watch in the US, dawg. What a treat it will be. I'm going to go to every Inter Miami game possible :lol:

Prices for La Galaxy and LAFC vs Miami FC games here will definitely skyrocket to crazy levels. Americans care so much about hype/name recognition that you would have a bunch of celebrities and rich folks filling the stadium. Not to mention all the Latinos who live in both of these markets and will want to watch him.

Iniesta Ultra

Yeah I'd fly to Miami or LA to watch him play. If Miami could grab Puig and Imhotep with him, I'd go once a month at least.

I want him to win one last UCL so he can match CRonaldo and put the final nail in his coffin, denying the only advantage he has left. On the other hand, if he does that CR7 fans will probably be on 24/7 suicide watch :lol:

Daniele

I'm curious to see how his relationship with Mbappe will be after this final.
Lately they seemed to coexist peacefully; who knows if the relationship will improve or worsen

I'm curious to see how his relationship with Mbappe will be after this final.
Lately they seemed to coexist peacefully; who knows if the relationship will improve or worsen

Neither seems to be the kind that hold grudges, even if Messi adopted a "bad guy" persona that was missing in other times. They know it was typical behaviour in the heat of the moment and I'm pretty sure will keep getting along well.

I hope both try to push each other to win UCL, Mbappe definitely deserves it after yesterday performance, and the GOAT is the one who can assist his successor.

Raketa10

He will probably play one more season with PSG and 2024 Copa America with Argentina. IMHO he should retire after that.

jairzinho

He should retire from international football. He has nothing else to prove. Go out while you're on top like a champ. Focus on club football. Really wish he could do one more season or even half a season with Barca and then retire after that. Retiring as a PSG player wouldn't feel right tbh.

Andresito

Staff member
Think he'll at most play one more Copa. Man scored 18 goals in 14 Argentina games in 2022. Surely will want to keep that up.

He's only around 20 goals behind Cristiano. It's doable even if it won't be easy.

Home of Barca Fans