CL Round 5: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Christ, everything is an attack for you; I gave you my honest opinion what would happen. You honestly think Gavi would play for Bayern ? Pedri is just a poor version (cause of age) of prime Thiago right now and Thiago wasnt a starter for Bayern.
As far as your new signings, I stand what i said on the other thread, your results reflect that.

Because you came off as a piece of condescending bayern schhhhhnob, everything is crap here, oh nobody wants Gavi, Pedri now is just a poor version of Thiago... hahah

You are truly pathetic, topt.

Fuck your bayern.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You have a perfect answer from Jaden.

If there are no good Spanish midfielders (and there aren't), then a team who wants to win = moves to foreign players. You buy the best players available, regardless of their DNA or nationality.

But, we are fucking Barca. We need to have our identity, we need to play with domestic players, no one can dwell on the ball like short, domestic players etc.

With RM, if something is not working, they just move to the next option = and win again.
With Barca, it is like this = we need to play like in 2009'.
The answer: but there are no Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pep.
Barca = who cares, we don't have other options. We can't play in any other way, we don't know to play in any other way, we don't want to play in any other way. So, we'll just try to buy some players who resemble players from the days when we were winning and hope for the best.
The rest of the world replies = but the world and football has moved on and evolved. It is way harder to win today with style, philosophy and with that type of players.
Barca replies = but we don't know to play in any other way and our fans don't want to see any other way. So, our hands are tied. Arthurs, Puigs, Pedris, Gavis, Ferrans are our only option. A mix of memories, domestic players, our DNA and close your eyes and pray for the best.

For the end, I don't believe that Pedri would play at Bayern once when they would see him on training grounds and when they would figure him out.
He is another one of those players (like Busquets) who can't play for any team in the world, except Barca.
And yet he is miles behind those players from the past (who are suitable only for Barcaslowball).

I understand what you said about our approach and philosophy (with regard to Spanish players) and to a large degree I with you, like how we are stuck with the perceived "Barca way" and how we failed to adapt etc. However, you seem to have the tendency to wholesalesly dismiss the quality of Barca players, particularly if they are Spanish, when things don't work out. This is something I am disputing. As many have said, the problem is not with these particular players, it has more to do with the coach, the manager, the club as to how they are used etc. I still believe many of our players, Spanish players included are quality and can thrive under better management and in a different environment.

fergus90

Our record against Bayern Munich is utterly pathetic, they have a 77% win rate against us ffs. They most depressing thing is, they didn't need to get out of second gear yesterday either.

Anytime they truly tried to create attacks they had clear opportunities. We have reached the point where we our now probably considered 6 comfortable points in a group stage by a rival.

But instead of acknowledging this you just get the president and manager moan about VAR, injuries etc. Zero accountability in the club whatsoever.

topt

Because you came off as a piece of condescending bayern schhhhhnob, everything is crap here, oh nobody wants Gavi, Pedri now is just a poor version of Thiago... hahah

You are truly pathetic, topt.

Fuck your bayern.

:lol: I guess its better to avoid you for at least a week after every Bayern trashing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: I guess its better to avoid you for at least a week after every Bayern trashing.

Did you consider the first leg "trashing" (you meant threashing, right?) too?

Calling a spade a spade is always welcome. Coming off as a condescending snob like you have been is not.

Christ, everything is an attack for you; I gave you my honest opinion what would happen. You honestly think Gavi would play for Bayern ? Pedri is just a poor version (cause of age) of prime Thiago right now and Thiago wasnt a starter for Bayern.
As far as your new signings, I stand what i said on the other thread, your results reflect that.

Thiago always was a starter - he carried that midfield for years, too - especially when Pep went and Ancelotti came - and Thiago got more physical and started additional physical training with his personal coach. He has injury problems that kept him out - actually like Goretzka has. But yes, you can play with either Goretzka or with Thiago - and you have fights about that within the Bayern fan crowd. Somehow it is about art and power. If you take the treble season where both apart from the CL tournament when both were available - usually partnered Kimmich in midfield - we produced exactly as much goals and goals against per 90 minutes with both versions. With Thiago we produced more xG - but with Goretzka wie outpowered the xG.

In the structure Flick created Thiago was not anymore so important as he was with Ancelotti and Kovac - but he still was very important.

The problem is not each of this players - the problem is that with that young players you have to give them a hand and have somebody to really lead them. And that is what Barcelona is missing in the recent years as your older players aren't on top anymore or maybe not even the types to really lead. And the choice of midfielders does not really help internationally even if it seems to be fine for La Liga.

topt

Did you consider the first leg "trashing" (you meant threashing, right?) too?

Calling a spade a spade is always welcome. Coming off as a condescending snob like you have been is not.

what the hell is treashing...., nothing I wrote is untrue, if you consider is snobbish thats your problem.

topt

Thiago always was a starter - he carried that midfield for years, too - especially when Pep went and Ancelotti came - and Thiago got more physical and started additional physical training with his personal coach. He has injury problems that kept him out - actually like Goretzka has. But yes, you can play with either Goretzka or with Thiago - and you have fights about that within the Bayern fan crowd. Somehow it is about art and power. If you take the treble season where both apart from the CL tournament when both were available - usually partnered Kimmich in midfield - we produced exactly as much goals and goals against per 90 minutes with both versions. With Thiago we produced more xG - but with Goretzka wie outpowered the xG.

In the structure Flick created Thiago was not anymore so important as he was with Ancelotti and Kovac - but he still was very important.

The problem is not each of this players - the problem is that with that young players you have to give them a hand and have somebody to really lead them. And that is what Barcelona is missing in the recent years as your older players aren't on top anymore or maybe not even the types to really lead. And the choice of midfielders does not really help internationally even if it seems to be fine for La Liga.

I was thinking about Flick era; when both were healthy and if the game was important Thiago would start on bench.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
what the hell is treashing...., nothing I wrote is untrue, if you consider is snobbish thats your problem.

Typo there, I meant thrashing...

Anyways, "nothing I wrote is untrue" is the embodiment of the snobbishness in you and your club. Well done.

delancey

If our squad were managed by Flick or Nagelsmann, it would perform levels above what we saw yesterday. Similarly, if Bayern were managed by Xavi, they too would experience what we experienced yesterday and against Inter.

There are levels to management and tactics and it is astounding how we brought in an intern to manage us.

Iniesta Ultra

Barca replies = but we don't know to play in any other way and our fans don't want to see any other way. So, our hands are tied. Arthurs, Puigs, Pedris, Gavis, Ferrans are our only option. A mix of memories, domestic players, our DNA and close your eyes and pray for the best.

For the end, I don't believe that Pedri would play at Bayern once when they would see him on training grounds and when they would figure him out.
He is another one of those players (like Busquets) who can't play for any team in the world, except Barca.
And yet he is miles behind those players from the past (who are suitable only for Barcaslowball).

There's so much wrong with this don't know where to start. I had a realization why so many posters here hate on Messi, he's still dominating statistically best player in the world right now age 35 playing DNA. DNA only means footballing IQ of the highest order, where Xavi looks down on all his players as incapable of expressing equivalent IQ so he bans DNA by implementing this gimped 'modern' system which maybe somewhere in the world would be appropriate for a school of retarded kids. He knew Puig wouldn't submit to this perversion, and almost comically ironic that Puig's development is progressing far more at Galaxy than it would've if he had stayed here and Xavi started him since he would be yelling at him to stick to this anti-DNA "when midfield is closed, too dangerous to pass through" anti-football. Even though it's obvious to everyone I'm still amazed Xavi literally said those words nearly verbatim last season. LaPorta should've fired him right after that public admission.

All the anti-DNA posters here are just projecting their own lack of intelligence, where they can't believe even the most talented players in the world can become as good as Xavi or Iniesta in the right environment. Look at Mbappe who few years ago was primarily skilled as a pace merchant and good shooter, now even with all the unbelievably childish drama he's finally learning to tiki taka with Messi and Ney. The "most skilled" young player in the world the definition of modern football is learning to incorporate antiquated DNA now.

Sailor Mars

Barca is turning into Arsenal. Naive with their philosophy, hyping up B-tier players in the starting lineup, and Bayern's European punching bag.

Home of Barca Fans