La Liga Round 8: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 1-0

fergus90

The performances of the team and the players missing leaves another inevitable feeling of a European hammering on the way.

Wizzbar

New signing
FUUUUUUCK...I don't feel good after this...again...and again...and again...Barcelona, my love, you SUCK big, big time...Pep, come back, please

Last edited:

Masetro10

Ever notice the wingers don't try to get in scoring positions like ever? Why play Fati if he has to play as a true winger that's useless. He is a inverted winger that needs to score.

Masetro10

Xaviball in a nutshell.

Yep. Makes no sense Barca has always been about having 3 scoring forwards and using the LB and RB for width. I guess he forgot Messi, Henry, Villa, Pedro, Neymar, Alexis etc all exemplified that while Xavi was a player.

Sailor Mars

Mallorca, Inter, and Celta. 3 straight games with an anemic offence that hasn't created much. Troubling omen for the next 2 games which are of high stakes.

As mentioned by many before, annoying watching the wingers stick to the sidelines while the fullbacks are the ones tucking in.

Don't see Xavi changing this. He probably thinks the players just need to execute his tactics better.

Nazario1985

The performances of the team and the players missing leaves another inevitable feeling of a European hammering on the way.

Nah the new strategy of FCB is to get eliminated before the serious stages to avoid such results.

So technically they achieved the goal of avoiding humiliation

500 IQ :boss:

Nazario1985

There were tons of pathogenies in this game, but man:
trying to play a high line with Pique and alonso as CBs ??

We were backtracking the whole 2nd half, that was sad and very Valverdesque
But you can't really play a high line with slow AF CBs who are not proactive in pressing

again blaming players / weather / oil price ...etc and not the dumbass on the bench

JohnN

Every time we are attacking on a 3v3 or something like that we suck balls. All decisions made by Dembele, Raphinia, Fati, Ferran, Alba and Sergi Roberto have been piss poor.
Like they get so surprised to find themselves in such a position they just don't know what to do with the ball. We need some automations there to be good.
Lewa makes some movements in the box but is never ever found. No coordination at all.

Defense on the other hand wasn't good at the end of the game. I feel Busi has a great part in this.

Gari

Maybe it's easier: 1st half, the forces were, everything was more or less. 2nd half, the forces ran out, Celta pressed on and the team swam.

Home of Barca Fans