CL Round 3: Inter - FC Barcelona 1-0

serghei

Of course but it also matters how you do it. We looked crap today. This is Inter at their worst.. and we looked like this? Unacceptable

But the team is new and in progress. No new team just clicks in 2 months. Certainly not acceptable to have stonewall penalties just ignored, regardless of our bad game.

Joan

But the team is new and in progress. No new team just clicks in 2 months. Certainly not acceptable to have stonewall penalties just ignored, regardless of our bad game.

Yeah, Xavi needs more time for us to judge properly. Things didn't go his way with injuries and pens denied. But he shouldn't feel safe, and needs to step up.

Horatio

You're welcome

I agree with you, but you were far less patient with other coaches. The bias is obivous here.

Edit: same for Joan.

Masetro10

Time to build for next year. Messi comes back play him behind Lewa and we won't see these issues where we cannot create anything.

Givenchy

Seeing another angle of that penalty call.. fucking hell the ref was bent as fuck. VAR is such a useless system, not only has it taken drama and the ability to celebrate a goal -without checking- out of football, they STILL don't make the correct decisions with it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Seeing another angle of that penalty call.. fucking hell the ref was bent as fuck. VAR is such a useless system, not only has it taken drama and the ability to celebrate a goal -without checking- out of football, they STILL don't make the correct decisions with it.

We would be back in the dark ages without VAR with obvious offside goals being given and actual goals where the ball crossed the line not given. UEFA just needs to produce better refs, something that won't occur in that shitty corrupt system.

Iniesta Ultra

so many corners and no single good goal opportunity. Each match the same shit.

as I mentioned in chat, before Messi left the majority of our corners were short to create link up and tiki taka our way to goals. Now it's all long crosses into box. These planned Busi headers were ridiculous too, another new gimmick.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Who cares about VAR if you play that shite. We deserved nothing. Disaster game.

Xavi needs to look into mirror and his game plan. Dog shite. Inter outcoached us and outplayed.

That is true but when teams UEFA like they can play shite and still be helped massively. We can't. Even with VAR UEFA have no shame in denying us clear obvious goal/penalty for us. They have no shame.

Slevinn

One is the current IFAB rules of the game and also couple of articles and posts back fro 2021 when it was last changed (again, if I haven?t missed another change) i.e. https://www.facebook.com/theifab/posts/questions-answers-law-changes-202122an-attacking-player-accidentally-touches-the/1977884985712978/
Those links just take me back to my own profile so I googled it for a while and came up with this from 2021:
Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.
So I was wrong about that one, my memory isn?t what it was :D

BUT there is also this:

In terms of the criterion of the hand/arm making a player?s body ?unnaturally bigger?, it was confirmed that referees should continue to use their judgment in determining the validity of the hand/arm?s position in relation to the player?s movement in that specific situation.

Following this clarification, it is a handball offence if a player:

touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player?s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised

This is a bit confusing as it sounds like it still was a handball foul (but still an accident) from Fati according to this. I?m not sure at this point.

Devils

This is on Xavi.

It's easy for clubs to park the bus because Barca has no intensity.

Park the bus against the likes of Bayern/City/Liverpool/Madrid and they will hammer until the floodgates open.

Xavi is content to see players slowly play out of the back and pass the ball into the back of the net.

Oh and if you are gonna play trash like Roberto and Alonso as fullbacks, common sense would tell you to not make players who have no creative play to their game the main creative outlets for the attack.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Park the bus against the likes of Bayern/City/Liverpool/Madrid and they will hammer until the floodgates open

This! Manchester City and Bayern play such amazing dangerous football easily against park the bus teams that Barcelona don't even try to imitate. Its an absolute joke how they have struggled badly against park the bus teams for years yet MC and Bayern have shown how to destroy this and Barcelona still play their boring obvious style that's very easy to stop in 532

kilian

No one can say we played a good game, but we now have three clear referee mistakes in two very important games. Unfortunately, football is a sport that can be clearly directed by referee mistakes. VAR made it only more visible.

The only thing Barca fans can do is to have 90+ thousand people put serious pressure on the referee in our next home CL games. Let him make this kind of decisions, when he has 90 thousand angry people jumping on his head for every decision. Motherfuckers.

serghei

I agree with you, but you were far less patient with other coaches. The bias is obivous here.

Edit: same for Joan.

What other coaches, this is first rebuild season in more than 10 years. Really not the same conditions if you compare.

You have to have a long(ish) term goal to be patient. We say the plan is to win now, but the team is full of kids. CL is too much for us at the moment, especially in this type of group.

We will probably beat Inter and qualify though, but most teams we can draw in Last 16 will knock us out.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Just to be CLEAR ..
I have NOT seen last nights game yet .. I will watch the 30 minute highlights show later today

Who was to blame for the defeat ?
Anyone in particular ?

I see Busquets is getting slaughtered ( AS USUAL) in his thread

LoL

Home of Barca Fans