Barcaforum Prediction League 2022/23

Joan

Hello there!

We haven't played since 2018/19 season, and this year, we're off to a late start. We'll stick to the old rules with slight changes. So here they are:

1. Before every Barca match, betting odds will be posted in this thread for Barca win, draw, rival win. After the odds are posted, you can start posting your predictions.

2. The odds will be added users that predicted the result correct. If a user predicted the score correctly, he'll be awarded 5 additional points.

3. The deadline for posting predictions is 90 minutes before the match starts.

4. Predictions should be posted in this format: home - away.

Re. rule 3, it used to be 60 minutes, but since lineups are usually made public earlier, I decided to extend it to 90. That should cover it, and prevent predictions based on lineups. Additionally, I wanted to include some kind of a prize for the winner - Barca shirt. But we'll have to see if there's a safe and easy way to that.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Joan

LaLiga, round 6

Barcelona - Elche

Barca win: 1.11
Draw: 13.00
Elche win: 25.00

Temptation

Just make the deadline 60/45 mins before kick off. That's when people start looking forward to the games. That'll ensure people don't forget to put their predictions out in time.

Just a Lil suggestion from my side. Well done taking the initiative on this.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just make the deadline 60/45 mins before kick off. That's when people start looking forward to the games. That'll ensure people don't forget to put their predictions out in time.

Just a Lil suggestion from my side. Well done taking the initiative on this.

but then people will look on line-up and have an advantage over people who didnt see it

Temptation

but then people will look on line-up and have an advantage over people who didnt see it

I thought we could wait for the lineups to be out and then make our predictions.....

Then it makes sense if you don't want people to see the lineups and predict.

Gotcha! 90 is fine by that principle.

Joan

I thought we could wait for the lineups to be out and then make our predictions.....

Then it makes sense if you don't want people to see the lineups and predict.

Gotcha! 90 is fine by that principle.

I'm not married to it, but that was the idea when we played before. Provides opportunity for more people to make competitive predictions, even if less educated guesses. I don't know. If others want to change it, we can remove the deadline completely. Makes no difference once the lineups are out.

Temptation

I'm not married to it, but that was the idea when we played before. Provides opportunity for more people to make competitive predictions, even if less educated guesses. I don't know. If others want to change it, we can remove the deadline completely. Makes no difference once the lineups are out.

Yeah then the deadline would be just before kickoff or something like that......

Educated guesses will be closer resulting in more competitive and closer points tally between members in the long run imo(assuming this is a season long contest).

Andresito

Staff member
Why is Temptation arguing when he's not even playing? Stop cluttering the thread and just follow the rules.

Home of Barca Fans