CL Round 2: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 2-0

fergus90

Good test for us and whatever happens the great start to the season wouldn't be ruined. I think it will be a very close contest.

We will definitely need to press more intelligently though as both Sevilla and Viktoria Pilzen generated many instances on goal that needed a top performance from Stegen where Barca just allowed so much space around the midfield.

Bayern create a lot of chances every game, but they do seem to be lacking a cutting edge at the minute.

Kul_z

War! Dont give a fuck if its gs cl game, we need a proper showing, hopefully with positive result, and i wont be disapointed with loss of 1 goal margin if we go out war style. Hopefully we wont get another spanking, those cunts are always fired up against us

pers

Now or never. I took this season whoscore ratings and it looks like this:

Neuer(6,69) - Davis(7,12) De Light(6,72) Hernandez(6,73) Pavard(7,77)- Kimmich(8,05) Goeretzka(6,51) Muller(7,27) - Sane(7,24) Mane(7,24) Gnabry(6,96)

Musiala(7,9)
Sabitzer(7,21)
Upamecano(6,76)

Ter Stegen(7,28) - Balde(6,8) Araujo(6,95) Garcia(7,05) Kounde(7,76) - Busquets(7,08) Pedri(7,24) Gavi(6,81) - Dembele(7,76) Lewy(8,23) Raphinha(7,39)

Alba(6,46)
Roberto(6,53)
Christensen(6,84)

On average it looks like this. Left is Bayern average. Right Barcelona one:
GK(6,69-7,28 Barca inForm) Def(7,08-7,14 Both teams similar) Mid(7,27-7,04 Bayern inForm) ATT(7,14-7,79 Barcelona inForm)

Seems like Barcelona players are in better form for goalkeeper and attacking formation and Bayern in midfield formation. Defense looks similar. We also should remember that in midfield formation they have Musiala and Sabitzer who right now have better ratings that Goeretzka or Muller who I included as starters. This ratings include also first games which were excellent for Bayern.

On the other hand it also looks that Barcelona has better subs than Bayern. Bayern can do 1-2 subs during match with little quality drop. Barcelona can do 4-5.

Players are important but imo in this game more important will be tactics. If any team decide to press hard and leave free space for counter-attack will lose badly.

Lewy will have hard time to score because all defenders will do everything to stop Lewy and I’m sure Kimmich will be focused to stop Lewy as well. It will give Barcelona wingers and midfielders huge opportunity to score coz they should have lot of space. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Lewy won’t score but others Barcelona players will.

ajnotkeith

Good test for us and whatever happens the great start to the season wouldn't be ruined. I think it will be a very close contest.

We will definitely need to press more intelligently though as both Sevilla and Viktoria Pilzen generated many instances on goal that needed a top performance from Stegen where Barca just allowed so much space around the midfield.

Bayern create a lot of chances every game, but they do seem to be lacking a cutting edge at the minute.

Whilst I was watching the Plzen game I was thinking we are lucky their attackers are bad quality because they entered our final third very easily whenever they recovered the ball.

Tactical approach will need to change slightly because once Bayern get their engines going they don't forgive.

Givenchy

This will show us where we are in terms of CL and challenging. A narrow loss or draw is acceptable vs this Bayern team, especially at the Allianz, obviously hoping for a win though.

Humiliation is not an option.

ps. please don't fucking start Alba.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Been some rumors that Xavi might drop Raphinha and play with an extra midfielder with Frenkie in for him.

KingLeo10

Been some rumors that Xavi might drop Raphinha and play with an extra midfielder with Frenkie in for him.

Xavi paying a home to Setien then.

We need both Dembele and Raphinha to keep Bayern's backline honest, especially to keep Bayern's fullbacks from doing attacking overlaps.

Slevinn

4-1 and Lewandowski awol. Games like these are impossible with people who can?t run or defend in key positions.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi paying a home to Setien then.

We need both Dembele and Raphinha to keep Bayern's backline honest, especially to keep Bayern's fullbacks from doing attacking overlaps.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't happen.

Cannot let Mazraoui/Pavard & Davies run rampant forward and have Bayern press really high up with only Dembele as a threat to break behind with his pace.

xXKonan

We shouldn't change anything against Bayern.

Going to have to bring the big guns up front to keep Bayern also honest as they will undoubtedly have the likes of Sane, Mane, Mueller, Gnarby for front-line options and Davies is also incredibly dangerous going forward as well. This game was always going to be a slugfest in terms of Control, at some point being incredibly conservative will also bite us in the ass because it wouldn't matter.

Don't even remember the last time we started Four Midfielders in a game like this that actually worked. Feels like every time we do it we always bites us in the ass.

KingLeo10

4 midfielders works if you have:

Giggs - Keane - Scholes - Beckham

Kaka
Seedorf - Gattuso
Pirlo

Isco
Modric Kroos
Casemiro

Xavi - Iniesta
Busquets - Alonso

iniestaGOAT

Just qualify for round of 16 I beg you no Europa

Having said that we will smash them 3-0 but I fear we will fuck around and drop points vs inter

Home of Barca Fans