17 - Marcos Alonso

Zidane82

Credit where its due he was very solid yesterday, guy put on a double shift

Agreed .. he was immense last night.
Of course the haters in here will completely disregard everything good he did and concentrate on the negatives

There are a group of anti-fans who just hate on Alonso , Torres , Alba and Busquets

JamDav1982

Alonso has been good in La Liga.

At CB with a LB that bombs on he is fairlyo comfortable when dragged wide or 1v1 due to no left back being there.

Alonso/Balde would not be too bad and if Alonso can improve as a CB option it allows to have him as that more sitting back role rather than wide full back which at moment is only really RB that sits.

Ideally would want an attacking RB so Barca can choose depending on opposition if they want the RB to take width or sit or the LB to do it. Would then give more options for Raphinha to sit central. Really Araujo or Kounde can do that sitting RB role dependent on who against but there isnt anyone to take the width and be a more touchline attacking RB.

Likes of Foyth is not it either and more of a sitting RB also.

Co0ter

Frimpong is continuing to have a good year, definitely one to keep an eye on as far as young talent goes for RB.

After that, we need a DM badly and a player comfortable scoring and penetrating from the LW because we have half a dozen attackers and none of them are.

Leao and Kvara are great choices, but doubt we can afford them. Taking Zaha and Moukoko on a free, moving Ferran and Depay out would at least let us spend bigger on RB and DM and we'd have options up front.

As far as DM goes, I have no idea who is available and worth getting.

delancey

Really like this player. How lucky we are to have Gavi, Pedri, Balde and Fati. Question mark on the last one! Time will tell.

Messi983

Lol @Zincu calling out people anti-fans when he was shitting on Raki for years eventhough he was actually doing better than the ancient one who he's defending to death and has to bring him up in every thread.

As for Alonso, never "hated" him, in fact I quite like him as a CB and think he adapted well playing the position despite never really playing a CB in 4-man defense before AFAIK.

Same for Ferran who I'm willing to give more time as I believe there is some potential there. It remains to be seen if Xavi can unlock it though.

No secret I want Busi and Alba gone (for different reasons) ASAP because they have both overstayed at the club for a few years already.

Andresito

Staff member
Marcos Alonso‘s renewal is assured — no doubts over a final agreement in January

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1607845783348383744

Do not understand this as there are better options like Evan Ndicka for free

Agree.

But probably much easier to convince Alonso to renew on a low wage while being a backup rather than trying to convince Ndicka to develop here with likes of Araujo, Kounde and Christensen ahead of him. Would guess it'd take probably 2-3x Alonso's salary to convince Ndicka.

Messi983

Marcos Alonso‘s renewal is assured — no doubts over a final agreement in January

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1607845783348383744

Do not understand this as there are better options like Evan Ndicka for free

We would sign Inigo Martinez not Ndicka. And I prefer keeping Alonso around as a 3rd choice LB/5th choice CB (if hopefully all other CBs will finally be healthy) for another year than give Inigo a 3-year contract or something (I doubt he'd leave Bilbao where he's also paid quite good for only a short term contract here).

As I've already said before I don't see a rush to renew Alonso now. Wait until April/May and see how this season will go before making decisions on extending fringe players like him. There is probably not too much risk of him signing with another club but if he does decide to leave can also be easily replaced. Probably also with a better player although I actually don't dislike him as a CB (not as much as a LB though).

We should focus on renewing Balde and possibly looking on free agents for summer. But it's clear priorities in this club are not always as they should be.

Porque

Mathieu has been a nice surprise at CB for a few games (bar his disaster of a first game) but I'm not sure if that is deserving of a renewal.

Inigo is a better CB and a 2 year deal should be possible.

Need to renew Balde before Alonso and Roberto talks though. I reckon Mendes is bringing him top EPL offers and we risk losing him.

Home of Barca Fans