17 - Marcos Alonso

Total-Football

what's the point of rotating 3 players for 1 position ?

I say instead of principled rotation xavi is confusing it with random selection. This random rotation hurting the players and its clear. Raphinha already suffering for that and alba/balde will to. Nothing tactical or strategic about rotating 3 players for one postion.

vuji_31

Tbh I also don't understand it.

Balde > Alba > Alonso.

Alonso can be only a CB, he is really a waste of space. He was nowhere to be found against Girona.
Add to him, Fati and Rapinha and you got 3 players that can't provide anything.

I think on summer Garcia will be sold, because he is fifth choice, this old bum will be backup option for CB.

Balde will be first LB and Alba substitution.

Porque

LaLiga does not allow the registration of Marcos Alonso's new contract either
Bar?a renewed Marcos Alonso a few days ago... but being able to register that new contract is something else. The 'Cadena Ser' informs that LaLiga has not allowed the registration of the new contract.

---

Now this makes me ask a question, which I think we can contest with Sports Law. We are paying Alonso a contract while LaLiga are not allowing it to be registered as a contract in LaLiga.

Now the question is, what is a LaLiga contract?

Because LaLiga are opening a door where super clubs can potentially fragment the contract with their absurd salary cap rules.

Imagine. Can Barcelona offer for example, a literal LaLiga contract, then a European contract (CL/EL) and then a Spanish Cup contract.

So that we only pay the salary cap on what is earned on the LaLiga contract. Which we can argue is relative to earnings we as a club derive from LaLiga.

Eg. Why are we paying for example 10m in salary cap when 3m is because of European football derivatives. We should be paying 7m of the contract towards LaLiga cap space.

It's all getting a bit silly really.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

LaLiga does not allow the registration of Marcos Alonso's new contract either
Bar?a renewed Marcos Alonso a few days ago... but being able to register that new contract is something else. The 'Cadena Ser' informs that LaLiga has not allowed the registration of the new contract.

---

Now this makes me ask a question, which I think we can contest with Sports Law. We are paying Alonso a contract while LaLiga are not allowing it to be registered as a contract in LaLiga.

Now the question is, what is a LaLiga contract?

Because LaLiga are opening a door where super clubs can potentially fragment the contract with their absurd salary cap rules.

Imagine. Can Barcelona offer for example, a literal LaLiga contract, then a European contract (CL/EL) and then a Spanish Cup contract.

So that we only pay the salary cap on what is earned on the LaLiga contract. Which we can argue is relative to earnings we as a club derive from LaLiga.

Eg. Why are we paying for example 10m in salary cap when 3m is because of European football derivatives. We should be paying 7m of the contract towards LaLiga cap space.

It's all getting a bit silly really.

The November change of rules of Liga is absurd tbh.
They are making rules that is very subjective and giving the Liga administration power to interpret it as they want, as they are essentially saying they need to be "convinced " we can pay the contracts we have for up to 2 years in advance.

And tbf, I don't blame Tebas (who is bad IMO) anymore, the clubs approved the rules. This is how they want it.

jamrock

The November change of rules of Liga is absurd tbh.
They are making rules that is very subjective and giving the Liga administration power to interpret it as they want, as they are essentially saying they need to be "convinced " we can pay the contracts we have for up to 2 years in advance.

And tbf, I don't blame Tebas (who is bad IMO) anymore, the clubs approved the rules. This is how they want it.

I agree, I can understand wanting clubs to run a clean house financially, but these rules are going too far & seems they are being made up on the fly.

Messi983

Current Bar?a player Marcos Alonso's father, also named Marcos Alonso, has passed away at the age of 63. He played for Bar?a b/w 1982-1987.

RIP.

Andresito

Staff member
RIP

Carbon copy
FohDS6zXoAElhwB

Home of Barca Fans