17 - Marcos Alonso

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Why did we sign him for one year only? I honestly can't understand the purpose of this deal at all. If he is the replacement for Alba than 1 year deal doesn't make any sense. Romano and Romero were saying that it will be a 2+1 year deal. Something is fishy in this transfer.

I'm confused on why you don't understand why only 1 year? That's perfectly logical and does favour for Barcelona. If he plays very well they will gladly give him a new deal next year, if he doesn't then Barcelona don't have to try and get rid of him and can then try and look for a full time solution for a left back. Easy dude :boss:

Raketa10

I'm confused on why you don't understand why only 1 year? That's perfectly logical and does favour for Barcelona. If he plays very well they will gladly give him a new deal next year, if he doesn't then Barcelona don't have to try and get rid of him and can then try and look for a full time solution for a left back. Easy dude :boss:

I get your point but it's not like full backs grow on a tree. If we believe in Alonso than we had to give him at least 2y contract and if we don't why the hell did we sign him at all? We already had 2 LB's. Furthermore, if 3 out of 5 Barca's full backs will be out of contract next summer we might be in a situation where we'll need to sign 3 new full backs. To sum this up, this summer we couldn't find ONE decent right back and next summer we'll somehow sign 2 great RB's and 1 great LB. Sorry but I don't believe in this scenario.

Gari

The pessimists are wrong. Alonso is a normal, hardy player. I didn?t watch Chelsea matches much, but in those that I saw, he played well. And he ran until the last seconds, including extra time. Let's see how in Barcelona. It will not get worse. Alba, after the departure of Messi, is knocked out of the game and can not stand the pressure. Balde is too young.

FinBarcelonafan

Busi can run forever too. The speed matters. Snailing around the pitch won't do crap.

Hopefully he won't be Alves level black hole in the defense.

He is lucky we got Araujo, Kounde and Garcia/Christensen to cover for him though... Then it's not as big of a problem.

serghei

Busi can run forever too. The speed matters. Snailing around the pitch won't do crap.

Hopefully he won't be Alves level black hole in the defense.

He is lucky we got Araujo, Kounde and Garcia/Christensen to cover for him though... Then it's not as big of a problem.

Busi's speed will always be an issue. His running has just 3 levels: slow jogging, jogging, and lively jogging. This guy never even reaches the minimum intensity required to call his effort a sprint.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi: "Last week I was telling you how we need to improve on set pieces. And today, we scored from one. Little by little we are improving on every aspect, and we have to continue in this positive way."

Probably why Xavi wanted Alonso so much.

Xavi likes Marcos Alonso's power, physical tone, rhythm, and aerial ability.

? @LaTdT

Horatio

You're welcome
Meaningless words from Xavi. Odds of never scoring a goal out 50 setpieces is probably lower than scoring at least 1.

But I do believe him on that they are practicing.

FinBarcelonafan

Corners, free kicks add up quickly.

I think today I saw 8 corners for Chelsea Vs West Ham in the first 30min.

If you improve those "meaningless" percentages even by couple, that's massive over the season.

Edit, if you add also better defending in special situations, helps you even more.

Porque

To be fair to Xavi, today was the second game Kounde played and he was the one who got onto the end of the set piece, and also the one who almost scored from a cross from Raphinha. So he was an asset in Xavi cross&inshallah. Lewandowski goal was also from a cross, by Kounde.

Horatio

You're welcome
Corners, free kicks add up quickly.

I think today I saw 8 corners for Chelsea Vs West Ham in the first 30min.

If you improve those "meaningless" percentages even by couple, that's massive over the season.

Edit, if you add also better defending in special situations, helps you even more.

I mean that one goal from so many set pieces does not prove much. Coaches tend to spin everything in to a positive as soon as they see a way.
You actually have to be really unlucky not to score a single goal from a set piece in so many matches.

malvolio

I can accept past it legends as they provided glory to the club, but getting a certified Madridista bum?! Hell nah, dawg!

Motherfucker will have to win us a CL or something, to be even be considered as a human being.

Home of Barca Fans