Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Barca draws Bayern, Inter and Plzen

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Can't wait for the 13th.
    Yo. In the States you lot watch these big special CL games with your Barca supporting mates or just alone??

Or you don't have enough friends who are into Football and Barca?

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    Yo. In the States you lot watch these big special CL games with your Barca supporting mates or just alone??

Or you don't have enough friends who are into Football and Barca?
    If you live in or near the big cities, CL games are pretty routine at restaurants/ sports bars. Problem is getting out of work since the timing is absolutely useless

Not many friends who are into Barca though. Mostly EPL bandwagoners here.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    If you live in or near the big cities, CL games are pretty routine at restaurants/ sports bars. Problem is getting out of work since the timing is absolutely useless

Not many friends who are into Barca though. Mostly EPL bandwagoners here.
    Ah! I assume you live in a big city and have caught games in those bars. Atleast on weekends...

Yeah from my observation and personal experiences in America, I did see a quite a few casual PL fans wearing United, Chelsea jerseys and stuff. Some of the Hispanics(Mexicans, Puerto Rican) were pretty much into Spanish and Italian Football. Had a Mexican cab driver in the US who was a Real Madrid fan and a massive James Rodriguez fanboy. Also, wouldn't shut up about how the mainstream Americans considered Soccer to be a "girly sport".

In America, the difference in knowledge between casual and proper Soccer fans is fuckin humongous. Footy has a niche audience there. Like the few of the proper fans really know their stuff while I cringed everytime some of the casuals confidently gave their takes.
    Last edited by Temptation; 9th September 2022 at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In LA there are Barcelona Penya clubs where they host watch parties at specific bars.

Speaking of watching in big European cities, I was in Barcelona in 2019 when they were playing Man U in quarters. I was surprised by just how many Brit fans there were in the bars. I had a bit of a hard time finding a non Brit dominated bar.
    Se Queda

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    In LA there are Barcelona Penya clubs where they host watch parties at specific bars.

Speaking of watching in big European cities, I was in Barcelona in 2019 when they were playing Man U in quarters. I was surprised by just how many Brit fans there were in the bars. I had a bit of a hard time finding a non Brit dominated bar.
    I think Brit, German, and Italian fans (to a lesser degree) are really vocal about their support.

Spanish fans are a bit spoiled internationally....either you support the most successful CL team of all time or you support the team with some of the greatest CL sides of all time. Spanish fans are more "causal"-like in my experience

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    British Fans are drunk, barbaric hooligans.

Italians are vile cunts who create ruckus everywhere. Especially those ultras(ultra clowns).

Spanish fans are more mellow but seemed to lack passion and energy.

The less said about the Frenchies, the better!

I liked German fans the most. They were better behaved but had a lot of passion at the same time. Much less annoying.