La Liga Round 2: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 1-4

JerseyAddict

Anyone seen what the Basque word for line-up is? Interesting language.

This is I believe the oldest european language. It is not related to other called indo-european languages. So it is older than them, some say more than 12000y.
Totally strange language.

Horatio

You're welcome
This is I believe the oldest european language. It is not related to other called indo-european languages. So it is older than them, some say more than 12000y.
Totally strange language.

The word for line-up is Hamaikakoa.

Sounds like an attack from your favourite anime.

Bizarre.

Sooke

In his defense, first half was a complete mess too. SEcond half much better when Sociedad got tired.

The defense has certainly improved from the last few seasons. The offense looks incredible. Stegen looks good again (hope no jinx after two games). Midfield is the messy part. I hope he can fix that, and we could be solid.

The biggest issues:

Midfield
Fullbacks

You are right. Our midfield is the biggest problem now. We badly need a playmaker like B.Silva. In this formation 3 - 2 - 5 - 1 we don't even need full backs. Just two fast wingers (Dembele/Fati/Raphinha) and 3 creative mids.

IMO Fati made a huge impact. Let's hope he will be fit and play more.

Staying fit is the biggest issue with Ansu. Otherwise he is a great player.

System never clicked, especially in deep md where FDJ was bad to say the least, and with two slow CBs the ground was not covered fast enough...

But, great individual quality of Dembele and Ansu won the game.
Ferran starting ahead of Ansu was a colossal mistake that shouldn't happen again.

The formation though is work in progress, and once the team masters it, it can solve many more problems that the rigid 4-3-3 can't

In my opinion this 3-2-5-1 formation is a lot more effective for Barca. Very soon we will have Kounde - Christensen - Araujo at the back and that will solve the problem. Also starting Kessie as a DM will be lot more beneficiary.

Ferran ahead of anyone not named Braithwaite is a colossal mistake.

Home of Barca Fans