Uefa Supercup: Real Madrid vs Frankfurt

Horatio

You're welcome
Not official yet, but close. Probably won't be before the game.

But shouldn't he be able to play this game then? Or are players not allowed to play supercup for one team and CL/Europea League with another?
Pretty childish if Juve is not allowing him.

Of course it is possible that Frankfurt does not want to play with someone who is leaving anyhow, but I'd think they'd want to field their best players since it is just a one-off game for serious prize.

Andresito

Staff member
But shouldn't he be able to play this game then? Or are players not allowed to play supercup for one team and CL/Europea League with another?
Pretty childish if Juve is not allowing him.

Of course it is possible that Frankfurt does not want to play with someone who is leaving anyhow, but I'd think they'd want to field their best players since it is just a one-off game for serious prize.

When it's this close teams are usually omitting the player. One of the reasons being what you mention, that player's mind might be somewhere else. There's always the risk of injury as well.
Not a unique case that teams leave out players that are on the verge of a move.

Horatio

You're welcome
When it's this close teams are usually omitting the player. One of the reasons being what you mention, that player's mind might be somewhere else. There's always the risk of injury as well.
Not a unique case that teams leave out players that are on the verge of a move.

Not an unique case no. But this case was brought up because of Supercup being so close(today).

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Trapp – Tour?, Tuta, Ndicka – Sow, Rode, Knauff, Lenz – Kamada, Lindstr?m – Borr?.

Courtois – Carvajal, Milit?o, Alaba, Mendy – Modrić, Casemiro, Kroos – Valverde, Benzema, Vin?cius.

El Gato

Villarato!
The same midfield as usual.

Tchouameni will spend many games on the bench.

This match hardly anything to go by
Ancelotti told everyone the lineup like 2 weeks ago saying this is a matter of old team finishing what they started

That said I do expect weird rotations ahead of WC. Kroos could play a lot this season compared to the rest considering he's not going

Home of Barca Fans