La Liga Round 1: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-0

Porque

I think we can be all excited to see Roberto start games in 2022!

Take back my comment from above. We have 3 potential world class RBs in the squad. It is up to Xavi to untap it.

1. Ferran Torres (fullback technique)
2. Frenkie (fullback ball progression and engine)
3. Gavi (fullback tenacity and fight)

Loki

I think we can be all excited to see Roberto start games in 2022!

until Kounde is registered and ready. Then it's Garcia/Pique/Christensen - Araujo - Kounde. And I believe Araujo will start tonight as RB, because Garcia and Christensen looked good in preseason.

Birdy

Apparently not injured. Left out due to a technical decision.

Incomprehensible decision by Xavi...

He didn't have a good pre-season, but he is our best RB by miles and was on the top of his game when the team was flying last Feb-March

Seeing Roberto there is depressing

serghei

Incomprehensible decision by Xavi...

He didn't have a good pre-season, but he is our best RB by miles and was on the top of his game when the team was flying last Feb-March

Seeing Roberto there is depressing

Perfectly logical and comprehensible. He didn't like Dest in training prior to the match and he left him out of the squad. Not so surprising, he was among the worst in the preseason when he played.

Birdy

Perfectly logical and comprehensible. He didn't like Dest in training prior to the match and he left him out of the squad. Not so surprising, he was among the worst in the preseason when he played.

Don't think that's the reason.
Why out of the squad and not of the XI simply?
Ferran didn't play a second in pre-season, and he is included

I think the club is trying to push him out until the end of the window.

serghei

Don't think that's the reason.
Why out of the squad and not of the XI simply?
Ferran didn't play a second in pre-season, and he is included

I think the club is trying to push him out until the end of the window.

Ferran is reportedly fit to play. Of course he should be in the squad. To be honest I wanna see him getting minutes tonight to see how he can do with a much better attack around him.

Birdy

Ferran is reportedly fit to play. Of course he should be in the squad. To be honest I wanna see him getting minutes tonight to see how he can do with a much better attack around him.

Point is Dest could have been included as well, irrespective of the minutes seen on the pitch

serghei

Point is Dest could have been included as well, irrespective of the minutes seen on the pitch

Goalkeepers: ter Stegen, Pena, Tenas
Defenders: Pique, Araujo, Christensen, Alba, Roberto, Garcia, Balde
Midfielders: Busquets, Pedri, Pjanic, Kessie, de Jong, Gavi
Forwards: Dembele, Lewandowski, Fati, Torres, Memphis, Aubameyang, Raphinha

Not really. Maybe instead of the 3rd keeper, don't know if a 3rd keeper is needed. Could be Xavi is dissatisfied with his effort in training and is giving him a warning. I wouldn't bother too much about it.

Home of Barca Fans