La Liga Round 1: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-0

PhilS

Unfortunately, on your list of starters for this Saturday, as of now Dembele, Christensen, Raphina and Lewandowski are not yet registered. One day left. La Liga needs to register them by close of business Friday, or they will not be eligible for this first game. Although the team says all should be registered in time for this first game, we know that the team judgement about these matters is based on fantasy, not reality.

Last edited:

Porque

I imagine there is an ongoing disagreement/discussion over the levers of Barcelona and what LaLiga will allow as income.

Remember that this whole ordeal started with LaLiga/Tebas wanting us to sign the CVC and that being our only said viable route of success.

Now we have signed agreements way in excess of what the CVC would have brought and still the salary cap is a problem.

Porque

Issue with de-registering them is that by law we are fucked. We can't pay someone to be a professional footballer but then not allow them to "work" in the profession they are signed to. Spanish/EU labour law bites us.

So basically we can't do an FM and leave them unregistered for LaLiga.

ajnotkeith

Issue with de-registering them is that by law we are fucked. We can't pay someone to be a professional footballer but then not allow them to "work" in the profession they are signed to. Spanish/EU labour law bites us.

So basically we can't do an FM and leave them unregistered for LaLiga.

A lot of players haven't been registered at other clubs based on technical choice iirc.

If you aren't good enough why should you be entitled to be registered over a better player? I think their obligations are showing up to the sporting facilities and training but not to play matches.

Porque

A lot of players haven't been registered at other clubs based on technical choice iirc.

If you aren't good enough why should you be entitled to be registered over a better player? I think their obligations are showing up to the sporting facilities and training but not to play matches.

I think it comes down to Employment Law and what you are contracted to do. But I will research and get back to you if I find more on this rabbit hole.

Tackle

It seems that not all of FC Barcelona's new signings will be registered before Saturday, but some of them could. [Gerard Romero]

serghei

Rayo will probably not be a problem, but 8 days later we play Sociedad away in the first tough match this season. We need everyone registered for that one.

Andresito

Staff member
Starting to get nervous. Lewandowski is a priority though, together with at least one of Dembele or Raphinha (Ansu or Auba can start at LW in worst case, also have Memphis as backup).

Kessie is not going to start anyway, neither is Kounde. Christensen isn't a necessity for this game with Eric, Pique, Araujo and Frenkie available.

Lewy, Dembele and Raphinha should be enough for Rayo. Then work next week to get the rest, I doubt anybody is going to leave on a free.

TheStig

Worst case scenario? Is Ferran healthy?

MATS
Dest Araujo Pique/Eric Alba
FDJ Busi Pedri
Depay Auba Fati

subs Gavi, maybe Ferran?

Zidane82

Starting to get nervous. Lewandowski is a priority though, together with at least one of Dembele or Raphinha (Ansu or Auba can start at LW in worst case, also have Memphis as backup).

Kessie is not going to start anyway, neither is Kounde. Christensen isn't a necessity for this game with Eric, Pique, Araujo and Frenkie available.

Lewy, Dembele and Raphinha should be enough for Rayo. Then work next week to get the rest, I doubt anybody is going to leave on a free.

Kounde not a starter !?

I have him as our best defender and a certain starter

Home of Barca Fans