La Liga Round 1: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 0-0

Gari

Congrats to Rayo aswell, tactically fantastic.
They know we leave very few defenders once we get turned over and they had pace and guile to expose us.
They deserved more than one goal so a point is a fair result IMO.

For us, the same ol' shit really.
Araujo has zero short passing IQ under pressure, our midfield was non-existent and our finishing wasn't up to par.

Rayo in no way played enough to win. 2 scored, 4 just didn’t go into the goal, their goalkeeper still made saves. They played to the fullest, no doubt.Our problems are our problems. They were playing for time, not us.

Masetro10

Why are we back passing around like it's 4 minutes into the game when it's 4 minutes into stoppage time? No urgency.

Araujo's stock has fallen already this 1 game he was exposed more than he was all last season.

We have an issue playing too many people too high up the field. It gets too congested no room to make plays while also allowing 1 man to get behind 9 or 10 on a counter.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Anticlimax.

There is no Luuk to save Xavi and his shit tactics anymore. That guy alone brought us some 12 points with his late winners.

Wizzbar

New signing
They lost 15 minutes of this game by returning ball to Ter Stegen, like 150 times, especially in first 10 minutes and I can bet right now, he is the player with most touches in game at the end. Loosing so much fucking time per game for nothing

Wizzbar

New signing
No pace, no real wish to sweat, untill the last 15 minutes, and it's already late in our case almost always.

Wizzbar

New signing
Waiting for the usual squad to blame Busquets and not the 9 other players + Xavi :D .

Europa league level team !

Why? You love Busquets? Fuck, I'm waiting usual squad to start that brainwash about Busquets -The Legend and simular crap.Fucking con-artist...They said he is going to MLS next season? God, cant't wait the end of this one already.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Watched the game in breaks. What i saw was ter choker's wonderul save, alba's criminal cleareance, dembele's chance and as soon i saw busquets face i turned it off completely. Good thing he got a red card, i would watch next game with great interest.

Devils

I cant believe we dropped points on the opening day. FFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'm disgusted with what I saw.

Sickening.

Sooke

It's just the first game fellas. Let's not panic. Everything will fail in place. Games like this one will happen down the road. They happens to everyone. We have so many new players who need to get to know each-other playing style and abilities. If I have to point to one negative aspect from this game is that endless back-passing to MATS. That takes too much time in vain.
Another thing that is becoming a big problem is Xavi's obsession of possession football. 79% to 21% in favor of Barca and still the game ended 0:0. Having the ball does not convert automatically to win.

hardyboy

I sometimes feel we will suffer like Man United for the next few years. They were too reliant on SAF while we were too reliant on Messi.

Home of Barca Fans