Barcelona Team News 2022 - 2023

Sooke

I would like to open this new thread so we can discus here every news about the team, the player's wages, the selection of new players and many more. Will start it with short material posted today, Aug.09/2022.

Barcelona has activated the FOURTH LEVER, selling 24.5 % of Barca Studios to the GDA Luma fund for 100 million euros. Despite this new influx of capital, the club believed it has yet to reach 35 - 40 mil. to register seven new players.

ajnotkeith

Busi won't take pay cut, just more deferred wages shit.

Kicking the can down the road with deferrals is what caused this issue in the first place, causing some players to collect ridiculous wages this season and make the salary cap impossible.

More deferrals and we are just extending the problem and causing future issues with salary cap/registration when Pique/Busquets or whoever collect these gigantic deferred fees, perhaps with a bit of interest too like FDJ's contract.

We need to find a better solution.

Sooke

Busquets needs to lower his wages. Same goes for ter Stegen.

Absolutely. But is not only him. FDJ is the highest earner in Barca with 29.170,000 million per year. On the top of that, the club owe him about 20 mil. from the last two years. Also, 19 y.o. Fati makes 13.950,000 a year, while most of the time on the injured list. We have way too many players with very high wages, which are affecting the club big time. Here is the list of our top earners.

1. F D J - 29.170,000 mil. a year
2. Busquets - 22 mil.
3, J.Alba - 20.8 mil.
4. Lewandowski - 18.750,000
5. Pjanic - 15.620,000
6. A.Fati - 13.950,000
7. Dembele - 13.750,000
8. Fr.Kessie - 13.540,000
9. Raphinha - 12.500,000
10. J.Kounde - 11.460,000

Kicking the can down the road with deferrals is what caused this issue in the first place, causing some players to collect ridiculous wages this season and make the salary cap impossible.

More deferrals and we are just extending the problem and causing future issues with salary cap/registration when Pique/Busquets or whoever collect these gigantic deferred fees, perhaps with a bit of interest too like FDJ's contract.

We need to find a better solution.

Yes. We need to find a better solution. Unfortunately, I can't see anything coming. Laporta is throwing also very big wages to the new players, even though they are not that big as Bartomeus'.
33 years old Lewandowski, who is in his career downhill was given 18.750,000 mil. a year contracts. That is way too much for a veteran, who will not score even 20 goals in all competitions. The possibility of not being able to register all new players is real.

Andresito

Staff member
I think we made a mistake going all in on the transfers this summer.

Better option would've been to take it easy and assess the needs later. I would've tried out a set of CB's consisting of Christensen, Eric, Araujo and Pique before splashing out on Kounde.
Also CM can be tried with Kessie as an addition to what we had, before spending a lot on Bernardo.
And finding the optimal front 3 is a challenge, and depending on who plays, a different midfield setup might be needed.

On paper the players we've bought look good, but I have a hard time seeing ALL of them will be successful. We have (with the addition of Alonso and Bernardo) done everything all at once (except RB). I understand Kounde and Bernardo options will disappear after this summer, but we could in theory have waited with these type of signings, having a potential 100m+ to spend in January.

Sooke

Brave take. If he ends up scoring more than 20 in all comps you'll end up lookin like a total mug. :lol:

Don't worry about me. But I wish he scores more than 20. From your mouth to the God's ears.

I guess it's because
●He's a Forward(goalscorers tend to earn more than mids).
●He was given Messi's shirt.
●Probably more marketable.

None of the above. You are totally wrong about the kid.

malvolio

I think we made a mistake going all in on the transfers this summer.

Better option would've been to take it easy and assess the needs later. I would've tried out a set of CB's consisting of Christensen, Eric, Araujo and Pique before splashing out on Kounde.
Also CM can be tried with Kessie as an addition to what we had, before spending a lot on Bernardo.
And finding the optimal front 3 is a challenge, and depending on who plays, a different midfield setup might be needed.

On paper the players we've bought look good, but I have a hard time seeing ALL of them will be successful. We have (with the addition of Alonso and Bernardo) done everything all at once (except RB). I understand Kounde and Bernardo options will disappear after this summer, but we could in theory have waited with these type of signings, having a potential 100m+ to spend in January.

nobody makes serious moves in january. club was right to move now for the desired targets.

kounde is a proven top CB in la liga. the others that we have are just meh or haven't proven themselves.

better to have options and to asses who is worthy of starting or not.

Home of Barca Fans