Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Tackle

Wait, did [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] just say Spurs winning the league this season would be as impressive as what Leicester did? :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Gnidrologist

The camera on EPL is so fucking low on the field. It's as if you always see games with zoom on.

They'd better not fuck up the camera angle on the new Camp Nou. TV football games on Camp Nou are next level in terms of panoramic view.
What? I think one thing, where EPL is miles ahead of any other league is their broadcasting level. I love their over the head top down view. It gives very dynamic feel of the game and sense of presence. Even slow ass Barca looked like beasts, when playing at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford couple of years ago.:lol:
The best way would be, if panoramic view could be switched on from time to time to better look at big picture, but generally, i feel Camp Nou coverage is a bit too distant. Players seem small i can't entirely understand what they're doing lot of the times. It's not like you would fail to acknowledge great combination, while watching the close up PL camera, but you would also see all the struggles, insane speeds at which pros operate and all the subtle flicks and dribbles. I'd actually wager that EPL only seems faster and more physical because of their broadcasting style.

serghei

Wait, did [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] just say Spurs winning the league this season would be as impressive as what Leicester did? :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Relax. That season was quite poor at the top. Current City and Liverpool are dominant as fuck.

Stand by it. Winning a title in front of Pep's and Klopp's super-sides would be absolutely crazy. Not necessarily as good as Leicester title win. Potentially even harder.

Last edited:

Temptation

JWP is brilliant. No, not just set plays, he's a wonderful all round player and personality. I'd take him at Liverpool in a heartbeat

Tackle

Relax. That season was quite poor at the top. Current City and Liverpool are dominant as fuck.

Stand by it. Winning a title in front of Pep's and Klopp's super-sides would be absolutely crazy.

Spurs are flush with cash, one of the top sides in England for a decade, play in the Champion League and made a CL final a few years prior. Top manager and expensive new stadium. Them winning would be surprise, but would be an accomplishment more on the level of Chelsea winning the CL in 2012 or Atletico taking La Liga in 2013/14 after Madrid and Barca had won the previous two seasons with 100 points each.

Leicester were a minnow that had barely escaped relegation the season prior. Not the same upper midtable club that we know today. What they did was a sporting earthquake, once in a lifetime type event. Would be like Espanyol or Elche winning the title in Spain.

League being weaker at the time does not make the two cases equivalent.

Give your head a shake mate.

Birdy

Interesting stat from the Fulham-Pool game:

FZe02LfVEAQ8kTU

Matip is criminally underrated

FinBarcelonafan

He was bit lucky today because he potentially caused two - three huge counters for Fulham. Ref saved him in one and others he barely kept the ball.

Progression comes with risk.

Home of Barca Fans