Breaking! Laporta Confirms Return Of Messi As A Player!

Messigician

Laporta: "We have a moral debt with Leo Messi. I want the end of his playing career with him wearing the Bar?a shirt and being applauded at every single stadium."

Laporta: "It's my aspiration. I feel partly responsible for the way it ended with him. I think it is provisional, and we will make this ending a reality. At least that's our intention"

Porque

Smart words. Now next summer if Messi doesn't come, it makes him look the villain and not the club.

Porque

I doubt he would say this if there was zero chance of Messi coming back.

After the way Messi left I think it is the regimes way of positioning to come out as the good guys. Steady the finances, deload huge contracts and renovate the squad under a new salary cap which were all priorities that we couldn't achieve on Messi previous wage demands (along with everyone else's inflated contracts).

If Messi comes back it will have to be under this new cap (I'm sure and hope they don't undo all the desperate work for a 36 year old Messi).

Everyone gets the happy send off.

But if he doesn't come it is because he got the big bucks to renew at PSG as has been rumoured, which the club can swing as him preferring the money.

If he goes to America the club can swing that he is ready to retire.

With a year left of Messi contract Laporta is establishing the narrative early.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
All these Messi rumors just feel like Laporta appeasing fans in the States and possibly trying to bait some American sponsors.

So far the "Messi will return" thing have been denied from Argentine journalists who have said he has an offer on table from PSG to renew until 2024 which he will consider after the World Cup.

MTL_Barca

Of course Laporta says that, fans still love Leo. If it's a real option for him and the club is an entirely different story.

Messi will be 36 next summer and we'll still have a lot of attackers. Maybe he joins for a sort of farewell season, but that would require him to be fine with accepting a low salary and potentially being benched a lot

Messigician

All these Messi rumors just feel like Laporta appeasing fans in the States and possibly trying to bait some American sponsors.

So far the "Messi will return" thing have been denied from Argentine journalists who have said he has an offer on table from PSG to renew until 2024 which he will consider after the World Cup.

Old news

Joan

Why is Messi considering that offer? What's there to consider? He should be happy they want him.

Why do they want him again?

Home of Barca Fans