Pau Torres

Sooke

After Barcelona's main target Jules Kounde accepted Chelsea's terms it's time to move on and look for another center back. One exceptional option is Villarreal's and Spain National team central defender Pau Torres. He is just 25 y.o., his contract expires in 2024 and as per Transfermarkt, his current transfer value is 50 million euro. What do you think fellas?

Attachments

• pau-torres-villarreal.jpg
    pau-torres-villarreal.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1

Sailor Mars

After missing out on Kounde, Barca will just sign Azpilicueta and call it a day. Then the club will go on about how they've improved the defence with Christensen's and Azpilicueta's signings. Hope I'm wrong.

serghei

He's for sure not worth 50m. And I thought he's 22 or something, not nearly 26. Would be a good option for around 30m.

Catta

After missing out on Kounde, Barca will just sign Azpilicueta and call it a day. Then the club will go on about how they've improved the defence with Christensen's and Azpilicueta's signings. Hope I'm wrong.

From what looked like it could be a great transfer window, it will most likely be average as it gets, especially if we also lose Frenkie. Apart from the attack, all the other lines will be the same or even weaker.

mc_lovin

From what looked like it could be a great transfer window, it will most likely be average as it gets, especially if we also lose Frenkie. Apart from the attack, all the other lines will be the same or even weaker.

You are getting greedy, I would have been happy with a bunch of free transfers a few months ago.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I really don’t understand the club’s obsession with Azpi and to a lesser degree, Alonso.

Because they are Spanish?

JamDav1982

You are getting greedy, I would have been happy with a bunch of free transfers a few months ago.

That was before you thought they would sign leavers and have money to spend.

When are paying back 1 billion over next 25 years with justification of club has to be competitive now and have money to spend it isnt greedy to want it to be spent well.

Sailor Mars

Only a bunch of free transfers would've been fine a few months ago if we didn't sell of the media rights. But we have sold off media rights for the next several years so there is a perceived urgency to have a great transfer window and return to being a competitive Barca.

Sailor Mars

I really don’t understand the club’s obsession with Azpi and to a lesser degree, Alonso.

Because they are Spanish?

Probably plus Azpi brings some leadership experience. And that they can be depth for the FB positions for a few years. The board might not have a FB in mind who is available and the board feel is worth spending money on this summer.

Catta

Would rather we got only free transfers instead of 50mil for a 34 year old. If he flops it will be a Coutinho level disaster, given the current finances.

The only transfers I believe will work out are Raphinha, even though he also was to expensive and Kessie, who will still be a downgrade if we lose Frenkie. Kounde was the big hope for improving the defense. Without him, there is only Araujo alongside amigos who will be a year older, and the Spanish and Danish versions of Lenglet.

khaled_a_d

I like him, I think he is very underrated.

But, the club "list" of CB they wanted had Koulibaly, Kounde & Lisandro.
All of them are athletic CBs. Pau while being really good CB doesn't fit the description.
Will be strange to go for a totally different profile just like that.

Barcilliant

Typical Barcelona. Big tits, no ass. Top heavy in attack, no defense.
Koulibaly would have been perfect. Fuck Xavi and Laporta.

Home of Barca Fans