Explaining Our Financial Situation

Messigician

Greetings, I've seen many confused as to why we didn't renew Messi when we could have activated these economic levers earlier.

I'll be brief.

We could have done that with the CVC deal but that meant we would have to pay Messi's insane salary over a 5 year contract

Instead Lapeota has decided to take a stand about wages and enforced a salary cap with lewa as the peak

Now we got Lewandovsky for 9 million a year which is less than 20% of what Messi earned.

With that as the peak it establishes a defined salary cap to avoid the problem Barto ran into of overpaid contracts making it impossible to sell players

Hotel this cleared things up

serghei

It is very probable he is on 9m net. For sure lower contract than at Bayern because he is older.

PhxPhil

Official: FC Barcelona have sold an additional 15% of the Club’s La Liga TV rights. In total, Sixth Street will receive 25% of the Club’s LaLiga TV rights for the next 25 years. explains a lot

Messigician

Official: FC Barcelona have activated the second economic lever. The club sold an additional 15% of the Club?s La Liga TV rights. Sixth Street will receive 25% of the Club?s LaLiga TV rights for the next 25 years.

Trash

I rather 8% for 50 years like CVC

Zidane82

Barcelona have announced profits of 98 million for the 2021-22 campaign and predict they will make another 271m in the current season 💰

Last edited:

Messigician

We paid 125m plus 600k a week for a 2 year loan

💣🚨| BREAKING: Antoine Griezmann?s case is close to being resolved: his fee will now be ?20m plus ?2m in variables. 🇫🇷💰

[🎖: @MatteMoretto]

Home of Barca Fans