The "Anti-Barca" Law

Porque

During the Extraordinary General Assembly to approve the famous economic levers that will grant financial muscle to FC Barcelona, ​​Joan Laporta assured the existence of an "anti-Bar?a law" that makes it difficult for the young promises formed at La Masia to rise to the Blaugrana first team . Although the president did not say any specific name, it is clear that he was referring to Gavi and Pablo Torre, who already wears a Bar?a shirt .

"Before we could register players under 23 years of age in our teams. Both in the B and in the Youth. Well, now they have made a law, surely anti-Bar?a because we have many young players, which will force us to compute these footballers for the 'fair play'", valued Joan Laporta. "If we follow the circular now, we will not be able to register it," he added.

Activated levers: the time of the signings
What is the main novelty of the meeting to renew Gavi?
The aforementioned law will make it difficult from now on for the young promises formed in the Masia to 'go up' and 'go down' freely . The happy 'fair play' will also condition the progress of the pearls towards the Camp Nou .

----

I thought this would be an interesting discussion. I am looking for the circula which explains this amendment so if anyone can find it on the LaLiga website (which is a steaming pile of shit) I would be delighted.

The gist is that LaLiga are making an amendment that B team players that promote will be affective of the salary cap. It is a measure to get around clubs registering players for the B team and then having them play for the A team. Laporta rather aggresively called it the Anti-Barca law yesterday saying that as things stand (without the sale of assets) we can not renew Gavi.

Now a few points from my observation.

-I need to see the circulars, because the rapid integration of this law/rule change for next season is something that the LaLiga clubs need to argue against or oppose. But at first it looks counter-productive to the attributes of having a B team, and obviously how they work. While an amendment probably should take place to stop abuse (read below about Real Madrid), there needs to be a balance that does not effect the organic (Gavi) or unexpected progression of a youth signing (Pedri).

-Calling it the Anti-Barca Law. It is more harming to Madrid than to Barcelona. But the timing of this seems to opportune with Barcelona finding financing outside the CVC

-Laporta stigmitizing this rule change because of Gavi. Gavi should be a first team player now and exist within the dynamics and salary cap of the first team. So him citing this rule change in reference to Gavi is more politicking than reality. But it may effect how Pablo Torre can be used next season, which this is rule change is more damning against.

-Why Now? Something I overlooked in the past, but Real Madrid may have the B team loophole for Fede Valverde, Reinier, Rodrygo and Vinicius (having looked at their B team registrations and first squad numbers it . 100m+ in signings with the transfer fees outside of the main club. Why didn't LaLiga come down at these points?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION], so you are saying Fede Valverde, Reinier (who doesn't matter much, didn't he just recently returned from Dortmund on loan?), Rodrygo and Vinicius are still registered their Castilla team and not subject to the salary cap?

Porque

No, just initially when they were registered for B and had their squad numbers at 30+.

But what I am saying is that they initially counted as B signings because of thus and this their transfer fees were never accounted in the salary cap.

Add Casemiro to the list btw.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, just initially when they were registered for B and had their squad numbers at 30+.

But what I am saying is that they initially counted as B signings because of thus and this their transfer fees were never accounted in the salary cap.

Add Casemiro to the list btw.

Got it, so you are saying Madrid was smart to mark those transfers as Castilla transfers and therefore all of their transfer fees and amortizations etc. were never factored into their salary cap?

Since it has been quite a while, even if they were to change to law now, I don't think Madrid has much to worry about as their amortizations should be worth very little.

It will definitely hurt us with regard to Torre.

Porque

Got it, so you are saying Madrid was smart to mark those transfers as Castilla transfers and therefore all of their transfer fees and amortizations etc. were never factored into their salary cap?

Since it has been quite a while, even if they were to change to law now, I don't think Madrid has much to worry about as their amortizations should be worth very little.

It will definitely hurt us with regard to Torre.

Precisely.

Im awaiting seeing the circular (usually amendments are available to read with FIFA but who knows with LaLiga). But logically there should be a grace period involved for example a full season before wages get subjected.

Transfer fees imo shouldn't get subjected unless obvious abuse (maybe transfers over 10-20m+ for example? (Just my idea). Since that type of fee is outside the norm.

They surely can't go and say, if you play in the A team then your wages count against the salary cap, and your transfer fee too.

Take for example EZ Abde. Goes to the first team out of crisis. So does his salary cap and transfer fee (2m) get subjected to the first team?

Then afterwards he is back to the second team. So what happens? Are you getting punished for having a bigger budget to run your academy?

So it seems the ruling is counter-productive, and if it has been changed because of abuse, it should have been the first time Madrid 10s of millions this method. It only happened 3 times.

Not now.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No chance that Real got round the players cost by regisitering them with the B team.

Barca would have been signing players left right and centre for B team in past few windows if it was as easy as that.

Porque

It's possible. Recall Madrid made them both have "adaption" periods in the B teams before setting foot in the first teams.

They were very careful in how they approached their integration from a legal point of view.

JamDav1982

It's possible. Recall Madrid made them both have "adaption" periods in the B teams before setting foot in the first teams.

They were very careful in how they approached their integration from a legal point of view.

Dont think Real were using it to take advantage of a loop hole just that they didnt want those young players coming across and not being able to play football.

If that loophole was in place to get round 100m due to players being registered in B team Barca would have been all over it.

khaled_a_d

No chance that Real got round the players cost by regisitering them with the B team.

Barca would have been signing players left right and centre for B team in past few windows if it was as easy as that.

We need to have at least 7 A team players on the pitch, right? And 22+ players has limited numbers of games they can play before mandatory registering to A team
I would say it isn't that easy to get around such role for what Barca needed while in dept

JamDav1982

We need to have at least 7 A team players on the pitch, right? And 22+ players has limited numbers of games they can play before mandatory registering to A team
I would say it isn't that easy to get around such role for what Barca needed while in dept

Why would any of that have stopped them if that loophole was in place? Plenty players they would want to sign under 22.

Not sure about minimum number of games or how many that would be if in place.

Gavi wasnt registered with first team all season going by why they want the rule change and he played over 3000 minutes.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans