Uefa Nations League 2022-23

serghei

Well the England with a starting Foden and Grealish would demolish this Southgate terrorist England.

English teams would be rather pedestrian without managers such as Klopp and Pep. They are the main difference that makes Liverpool and this City the best teams in the world.

Horatio

You're welcome
Looking at the WC groups, and knockout matchings until the final,
I can very well see this final-8:

Argentina-Netherlands, Germany-Brazil on the one side of the bracket
England-Denmark, Spain-Portugal on the other.

Whoever wins in the Germany vs Brazil is in the final IMO, and then I can see England kicking out either Spain or Portugal

damn...we getting knocked out by Argentina again.

Horatio

You're welcome
You'll win. 1 0. Virgil Van Dijk header on 78th minute.

Don't think so. Argentina has us beat in various departments. Overall pace, keeper, physicality, scoring danger.
Dutch philosophy don't allow them to sit back and look for counter.
You can expect de Ligt to fold.

Temptation

Don't think so. Argentina has us beat in various departments. Overall pace, keeper, physicality, scoring danger.

Argentina will bottle it. Messi n co will disappear in the knockout stages like they tend to do.

Andresito

Staff member

If there's anything Argentina lack, it's pace. They just play with a high intensity.

Horatio

You're welcome
If there's anything Argentina lack, it's pace. They just play with a high intensity.

I was mostly looking at midfield, since Dutch attackers do have some pace since they are young but we won't play on counter.
I thought Paredes Lo Celso and De Paul had some pace to them.

NL does have one RB speed demon Dumfries though. Maybe the danger can come from him.

I guess you are right that Argentina won't have advantage overall in pace but mf battle will be won by them.

jamrock

They are slow in defensive transitions that's Argentina's biggiest weekend, a team with real pact stands the best chance of beating them.

soul24rage

I was mostly looking at midfield, since Dutch attackers do have some pace since they are young but we won't play on counter.
I thought Paredes Lo Celso and De Paul had some pace to them.

NL does have one RB speed demon Dumfries though. Maybe the danger can come from him.

I guess you are right that Argentina won't have advantage overall in pace but mf battle will be won by them.

For me, I could see Bergwijn and Dumfries troubling Argentina. Acuna can be a bit weak defensively.

It's going to be a difficult match for Argentina for sure.

There could be some players that could be faster, but the team does have some pacy players like Molina, Di Maria and maybe Acuna.

Lo Celso is also a bit pacy himself and he's very good at carrying the ball from midfield to the final third.

serghei

And Van Gaal is a top manager with loads of experience. Probably one of the best at the World Cup. He's too old for club football, but for NT... doesn't get much better.

Horatio

You're welcome
And Van Gaal is a top manager with loads of experience. Probably one of the best at the World Cup. He's too old for club football, but for NT... doesn't get much better.

Sounds like you have forgotten about his situation?

fergus90

What an injury fest the Nations League has been. Ridiculous to even play it with a World Cup looming and ridiculous number of domestic games. Outside of major tournaments, international football is shite.

Home of Barca Fans