Official Board Agree To CVC Deal

Messigician

🚨🚨[@ferrancorreas🥇] | Bar?a have reached an agreement with CVC for ?270M following the board meeting today. With the two deals Bar?a will earn ?740M and will be able to invest ?40M in transfers just by agreeing to CVC even if they end up going above the salary cap.

Messigician

✅🚨| OFFICIAL: The Assembly will be held on 16th June and the Socios will have to approve by vote the economic decisions made today:

Sale of up to 49.9% of Bar?a Licensing & Merchandising. Via Barca studios sale

? Sale of up to 25% of television rights. Via the CVC Deal

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They should open the votes to all socis, not just the delegates. Si and No.

40m can be spent on transfers, however how much more salary cap do we get?

JamDav1982

The board will be going strong on the message to socios that this is only way for them to keep control and avoid outside investment.

Catta

They should open the votes to all socis, not just the delegates. Si and No.

40m can be spent on transfers, however how much more salary cap do we get?

Can't wait to see that money invested in old and average players like Azpi and Alonso. With that kind of deals, we will have even more problems next summer.

FinBarcelonafan

It says just by agreeing CVC deal, what about other income we will have? How much can we spend on transfers?

Of course, maybe better not to say it publicly and keep saying we are broke, better negotiations.

CanadianCanadian

So we give up 25% of our television revenue for 40 million? For how many years? Madrid must be laughing at the sorry state we're in.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So we give up 25% of our television revenue for 40 million? For how many years? Madrid must be laughing at the sorry state we're in.

We give up 25% of our future TV revenue (at least 40m + a year) for potentially 540m, 270m of which will have to be repaid. The regular CVC deal last 50 years, the term of the other half is unknown.

Very bad stuff.

ajnotkeith

The board feels the pressure to compete now, and thinks, the solution must be to sign more veterans!

But realistically will they make a large difference to where we end up? We can definitely make top four with what we have now, it is probably better to ride out this storm rather than mortgage our future even more by selling off parts of the club and signing more vets.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
We give up 25% of our future TV revenue (at least 40m + a year) for potentially 540m, 270m of which will have to be repaid. The regular CVC deal last 50 years, the term of the other half is unknown.

Very bad stuff.

So wait , the most important part isn't known ??

CanadianCanadian

Very bad stuff.

This is like selling a leg to buy a shoe. Very stupid if this goes through by the board. Getting monstrous wages of Messi, Griezmann, Suarez, and Coutinho seemingly got us nowhere. I would rather we wait and build up slowly with a smart signing each season than give up at least 40million like Luftstalag said. I don't have any financial training or education and these numbers are absolutely insane.

If it was a giant sum of 200 million that we could use, I would be understanding. But 40 million and the rest to clear a portion of our debts is totally disappointing..

CanadianCanadian

I agree with riding out the storm. Sell the ones who don't support our rebuild. If Gavi really wants to get paid the big boy bucks and he has had one full season under his belt, I would be fine with selling him for the reported 50 million buyout clause. Use that money on Raphina, it'll work out better for all parties involved.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So wait , the most important part isn't known ??

Correct, the club has not disclosed any info as far as I know, and the media hasn’t reported it either.

Well, hopefully the club will release the info to the socis at least since they will be voting on this. If I receive any info from the club I will share with the forum.

FinBarcelonafan

Very bad stuff.

Something doesn't add up. It's the worst deal ever made.

Home of Barca Fans