Official Board Agree To CVC Deal

Windhook

No, because Gavi would be just about the right age when we could realistically be back from this mess. Say in 2-3 years' time Gavi, Pedri, Ansu, Araujo, these guys could be experienced young superstars by then hopefully. That's the only good thing out of this. That we'll give relatively low-pressure and consistent time for these youngsters to become great players and lead a new generation for after we sort out this shit.

Amen. Made me dream reading this. The young core should be kept and let evolve helped by quality and experienced players. Supposedly we have this in the face of Busi and Pique... supposedly.:lol:

Messigician

Eduard Romeu (Economic vice president): "The European Super League is in demand, and they will win. It's clear that all of this will end up changing for the benefit of football."

jamrock

Amen. Made me dream reading this. The young core should be kept and let evolve helped by quality and experienced players. Supposedly we have this in the face of Busi and Pique... supposedly.:lol:

No we should sell all the young players they are our most valuable assets, keeps the oldies & add some a average talents around them, that will be good enough for the next few years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What Romeu said today made a lot of sense. From what he said it looks like we don't want to sell more than 10% of our future TV rights, not to CVC, not to anybody. Also we wanted to charge more for 50% of BLM. Don't rush in these kind of deals, that is prudent to do. I am glad to see that.

If so, I don't know what the point is of the General Assembly on June 16th for the 2nd item on the agenda. Should socis give them the OK to sell up to 25% of future TV rights, even though we don't want to, so just in theory? Should be amended to 10% for the vote in my opinion.

Catta

560,000,000 ways bill, Jesus bartomeu must be another level kind of genius.

That sounds unreal, when you consider Messi, Griezmann, Suarez, Coutinho are not at the club anymore. If we have such a huge wage bill without any superstars, then Messis 555mil over 4 years sounds reasonable compared to what current bums earn. :lol:

serghei

That sounds unreal, when you consider Messi, Griezmann, Suarez, Coutinho are not at the club anymore. If we have such a huge wage bill without any superstars, then Messis 555mil over 4 years sounds reasonable compared to what current bums earn. :lol:

We don't know exactly what payments were delayed. It's very possible some of the payments from 1-2 years ago have been postponed.

vinni

That's correct and it's, I believe, TV money from La Liga only as I read similar sum for LL TV rights distribution.

Thanks, nice to know. It’s complete madness. If we signed something like this Madrid would have a huge advantage for a long time over us. Potentially other clubs in LL as well.

Luckily i read in SPORT today that Romeu says barca will not accept such an offer. They would concider a offer that is around 10% though..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thanks, nice to know. It’s complete madness. If we signed something like this Madrid would have a huge advantage for a long time over us. Potentially other clubs in LL as well.

Luckily i read in SPORT today that Romeu says barca will not accept such an offer. They would concider a offer that is around 10% though..

CVC actually makes sense to other clubs, especially those smaller clubs which don't receive nearly as much as TV money as we and Madrid. They get a lot of money to build their infrastructure and boost and expand their business, which help them and the league; at the same time, 10% (or 8.26%, whatever) of TV money is not that much for them, probably just around 5- 8m a year.

vinni

CVC actually makes sense to other clubs, especially those smaller clubs which don't receive nearly as much as TV money as we and Madrid. They get a lot of money to build their infrastructure and boost and expand their business, which help them and the league; at the same time, 10% (or 8.26%, whatever) of TV money is not that much for them, probably just around 5- 8m a year.

That makes sense when you say it like that. Any idea how AM, Sevilla and Valencia see the CVC deal?

Porque

Good point (and the other forum member with 2 posts [if you read this, stick around bro]) made a great post about this.

The collective package is good for the smaller teams... Unless they relegate or worse exit LaLiga2 at which they could be destroyed.

But the big problem of Tebas was trying to be Billy Big Bollocks and enforcing it on the big two who need the power to use their own income.

Different clubs, different levels, different models. As Roura alluded to yesterday in the interview, if you open the door to selling equity of the TV rights contracts, then we can create a better deal off of ourselves.

Same goes with Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good point (and the other forum member with 2 posts [if you read this, stick around bro]) made a great post about this.

The collective package is good for the smaller teams... Unless they relegate or worse exit LaLiga2 at which they could be destroyed.

But the big problem of Tebas was trying to be Billy Big Bollocks and enforcing it on the big two who need the power to use their own income.

Different clubs, different levels, different models. As Roura alluded to yesterday in the interview, if you open the door to selling equity of the TV rights contracts, then we can create a better deal off of ourselves.

Same goes with Madrid

Yeah, there should never be a top-down, one-size-fits-all solution for all clubs and it is quite blatant that Tebas and Oscar Mayo are trying to use the salary cap as the stick to entice and force us to follow suit and fall into ranks like most clubs have done and sign onto the CVC deal. If we or Madrid joins, it becomes way more appealing for CVC. And since CVC also owns like 9% of the stake in holding company La Liga set up, the cynic in me thinks perhaps Tebas and Oscar Mayo have something to gain from the future success of that company.

For us, again I think we should never consider selling more than 10% of TV rights to anybody but I am afraid that they will eventually sell up to 25% to somebody because of our dire situation. Romeu talked about no more than 25 years, still a long time, but could have been a lot worse (50 years under CVC).

khaled_a_d

That is the thing Romeu talked about today, a club who get relegated out of Liga 2 is now obliged to repay those money as a loan with high interest rate.

vinni

Im suprised there are deals that even last 50 years. Most of us are dead by then anyway and for all we know football is gone too. I guess they assume the tv rights will be worth even more in the near future so they theres a huge profit even within the next ten years. (Btw i dont know much economics : )

Home of Barca Fans