Breaking news! Gavi set to LEAVE Barcelona

Jadentheman

Folk pick and cboose why young players leave.

If it is a board/coach they like it will be the players are just greedy and care about money and nothing else.. if it is a coach/board they dont like they blame them for there being no path to first team.

Reality is young players have been getting offered better salaries and promises of faster promotion for years and that is main reason they leave it is a mix of circumstances and doesnt make them greedy either.

Seriously. Player choose what is best for their careers, not what they think is best for the club they are playing at. I swear, Bar?a fans need to get over their Masia talents taking their abilities elsewhere. Do academy graduate from other clubs get as much fervor towards them leaving for whatever reasons? No the clubs keep it moving and develop the next wonderkid

El Gato

Villarato!
Possibly. As I said, a rumour at the time in Barcelona.

(...)

Unfortuntely it was Pre-Messigician otherwise we would know the truth.

It is Pique so not that difficult to imagine even when was a kid

But hardly a problem with others doing it.
Again, biggest factor in Gavi case is probably his relationship with Xavi and their level of understanding. If Xavi is insistent on twerking and prioritising Pedri over everyone if feels like he's the only one that 'gets it', then wouldn't be surprised others would get alienated. It's not exactly rosy in the press about Frenkie even if Xavi praises him, but acknowledges finances. Zidane was sounding off more or less identical when club had to offload Achraf to close budget. But does show his like is not indispensable to the club. Neither is Gavi I'd wager

All speculation anyway far as I see
Either way would be mad not to sell a 17 year old for 50M+, even more so if can negotiate a buyback in the range of 120-180 after a few seasons.
Not sure anyone would bother with it as Barca would probably rather let Gavi run contract down in current climate and come back when 22-23 if any good

Last edited:

Windhook

Just reminded myself that for the last 2 seasons there is always a contract drama which ends with a player leaving the club. Ever since Barto was forced out of the club...:lol:

Home of Barca Fans