La Liga | Round 37: Getafe - FC Barcelona 0-0

Catta

Xavi: “Today’s match was difficult, and the tie helped both of us. We'd heard that Sevilla tied and then the players didn’t know what to do.”

If Koeman had said that, the whole forum would ask for his head.

Neeraj

Xavi: “Today’s match was difficult, and the tie helped both of us. We'd heard that Sevilla tied and then the players didn’t know what to do.”

I'm just going to hope that he meant this in a critical way, in that they were confused and he expected better, and not as a justification for one of the worst football games most Barca fans will ever see in their lives. Absolutely atrocious.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First time it truly felt like a waste of time and regret not having done anything else with my time. It is one thing to play bad, but players did not even show up wanting to win.

Made a fire with my son and enjoyed the evening.

Season is over and Xavi better step up during pre-season. Going on and on about obligation to play certain way are empty words if team is disappointing on the pitch. Our best chances regularly come from crosses. How does that compute with his phrases.

Bobo32

The entire back line had before this game played for less minutes this season than Jordi Alba had on his own.
Mingueza had four starts since Christmas, playing the full 90 only once.
Lenglet had started once since Christmas, against Cadiz one month ago.
Balde had not played at all since before Christmas, when he got 2 minutes.
Alves is 39 years old, but the one of the four defenders today closest to being match fit.

I think it was good that the team went for the 70% plus possession route.

Kul_z

When i saw mavericky and ancient one in line up, i immediately took a 90+ minute shit. Totally worth it, as it seems.

BerkeleyBernie

5-man backline bunker defense...always a drudge, sigh. Understandable not trying to force things in order to secure 2nd place. Which is an amazing achievement, given this patchwork squad, a new coach mid-season, and Koeman's opening the season with 15 points in 10 games. With Xavi's PPM of 2.24, that would have been 83 points had Xavi been manager the entire season, 2 points behind Madrid's 85.

Had it been a must-win game, I expect we would have seen Dembele hurling in his crosses all game, hoping to create enough disruption for a goal.

BerkeleyBernie

So Xavi told the team to do nothing except not let Getafe score?

Pretty much. Not to risk too much. Getafe didn't help, of course, with a 5-man backline. Barca could have tried more balls over the top, but that's about it. Puig and Gavi tried to penetrate whenever they saw an opening but most of the time there wasn't enough of a way forward so they recirculated.

JerseyAddict

Season over. Finaly. 2nd place after the whole shitshow is a đirqcle. I hope the lessons are learned and this shitshow will not start again

Iniesta Ultra

Pretty much. Not to risk too much. Getafe didn't help, of course, with a 5-man backline. Barca could have tried more balls over the top, but that's about it. Puig and Gavi tried to penetrate whenever they saw an opening but most of the time there wasn't enough of a way forward so they recirculated.

You see how often Depay and Torres were dispossessed? And then Xavi takes out our proven goal scorer Auba and puts Fati in the wrong spot again.

Horatio

You're welcome
Season over. Finaly. 2nd place after the whole shitshow is a đirqcle. I hope the lessons are learned and this shitshow will not start again

Every season we hope the same thing. Every season we are left disappointed. We need to break this vicious cycle.

malvolio

Just finished watching the whole match.

It was fixed. As in Barca couldn't care less along as they don't lose. Getafe of course was happy with the outcome and were down with it as they also needed a draw.

Whoever thought this is for real needs to learn a thing or two about football.

Home of Barca Fans