La Liga | Round 36: FC Barcelona - Celta Vigo 3-1

JamDav1982

Xavis tactics are miles of the way Barca teams in past have played.

The way front three stay width of park apart and full backs barely get forward is abysmal to watch.

gasgas

I don't know if Xavi is blind, is a liar, or maybe what's worked on during the week doesn't come out in games, but he is telling a totally different narrative to what the reality is.

We are not playing DNA football or obligated to play any way, we are simply kicking ball to wide players to cross every single attack. With some pressing added in. So we are like any average English side, whilst having several world class players.

It works against LL fodder who can't physically deal with the speed and strength but there is good reason why we struggled in Europe so much this season against more physically well teams that have adapted for our setup. Soon, LaLiga will follow if we continue.

Results will eventually match performance..

Name those "several" worldclass players

Joan

I went on the Internet and I found.. people called this match entertaining. I'll see everything.

Andresito

Staff member
Had higher hopes of Javi Galan, but Dembele turned him inside out. Some weird decisions in attack too.

Iniesta Ultra

Xavi wouldn't play Iniesta though.

I missed this earlier, and you're totally right when Iniesta was around Puig's age. Imagine what would've happened to Barca if Iniesta had his career at another club because the coach was too scared to play him. We may very well see that travesty with Puig though.

Blinkfloyd

3 points is 3 points. Come on when Madrid play total crap for 89 minutes and have 5 minutes of awesome stuff everyone praise them.
We were clinical in front of goal today ( which is a pleasant surprise)
But man those defensive errors lol

Messi983

Highlight of this game was people in chat talking about what type of gay dudes Pep likes.

That says it all.

What was that about, I've missed it. :lol:

I don't know if Xavi is blind, is a liar, or maybe what's worked on during the week doesn't come out in games, but he is telling a totally different narrative to what the reality is.

We are not playing DNA football or obligated to play any way, we are simply kicking ball to wide players to cross every single attack. With some pressing added in. So we are like any average English side, whilst having several world class players.

It works against LL fodder who can't physically deal with the speed and strength but there is good reason why we struggled in Europe so much this season against more physically well teams that have adapted for our setup. Soon, LaLiga will follow if we continue.

Results will eventually match performance..

Who are these world class players we have?

Such a strange match. Low quality of football but some entertainment nonetheless. Something like EPL fans get to see every weekend. Disjointed game plans, bad passes, etc.

Where is Barca, Xavi?

Can't play taki taki without Busi.

Last edited:

OVI9323

What was that about, I've missed it. :lol:

Who are these world class players we have?

Can't play taki taki without Busi.

Lol are you seriously asking??? We have 2 world class player with Ferran, Garcia and we could put Puig on the list if he confirm his current level in the next match

Iniesta Ultra

3 points is 3 points. Come on when Madrid play total crap for 89 minutes and have 5 minutes of awesome stuff everyone praise them.
We were clinical in front of goal today ( which is a pleasant surprise)
But man those defensive errors lol

Auba's clinical when he gets decent service. His misses on low xG shots are usually only a foot or two off target unlike Dembele's and Torres' embarrassing attempts. Madrid's playing a nebulous system where Ancelotti isn't micromanaging so even when they're not playing well it never looks as low IQ or forced as Xaviball. Finally I have no desire to rely on black magic, they can keep it and we need to get back to white magic with high IQ.

Home of Barca Fans