27 - Lamine Yamal

Co0ter

I read that he doesnt have great pace, can anyone that follows La Masia comment on his speed?

Gnidrologist

From the video - doesn't seem to have much pace, dribbles a bit like Yaya Toure style, seems to have great technique and sense of 'la pausa' and some of his shots/passes are quite incredible. The lack of pace in todays football will be the biggest hurdle, but otherwise.. yeah. Will keep an eye on.

FinBarcelonafan

He is also fifteen years old. Tough to say how he will be physically later. Even Balde didn't look this fast some time ago. At least to my eye.

Co0ter

I couldnt resist asking because he appeared a bit slow on the ball to me too. A quick first 2-3 steps with acceleration, but slower when entering a sprint.

Not many slow wide wingers make it in the modern game. If he has enough tricks and is a good finisher, there could be hope.

Usually even at 15 you know if a player has pace or not, since he would appear fast when playing against peers his age.

FinBarcelonafan

I couldnt resist asking because he appeared a bit slow on the ball to me too. A quick first 2-3 steps with acceleration, but slower when entering a sprint.

Not many slow wide wingers make it in the modern game. If he has enough tricks and is a good finisher, there could be hope.

Usually even at 15 you know if a player has pace or not, since he would appear fast when playing against peers his age.

Isn't he playing Vs players who are few years older?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I agree he lacks pace/acceleration like the elite wide players but I would say his biggest strengths have more to do with his skill and speed of mind. He's incredibly composed, high football IQ and lethal for a player of his age

Masetro10

He just turned 15 in August he is nowhere near as fast as he will be when he develops normally. Cannot expect a 15 yr old to be as fast as an 18 year old. No matter how advanced the skills you cannot so much about physical development at that age.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He just turned 15 in August he is nowhere near as fast as he will be when he develops normally. Cannot expect a 15 yr old to be as fast as an 18 year old. No matter how advanced the skills you cannot so much about physical development at that age.

Yeah even Mbappe wasn't at the speed he is now at 16 years old.

Home of Barca Fans