Barca Squad and Planning 2022/23

Birdy

The planning of the transfer business of the club in the summer has been morphing for some time.
Now, there is more reliable info that can base a concrete image of the incomings and outgoings of this summer.

(A very good twitter account with info from the club summarized most operations/scenarios for the summer. I am basing this post on his summary)

Info:
GK:
Outgoings -> Neto will leave or given freedom letter.
Incomings -> No change. The club will continue betting on Ter Stegen, and Inaki Pena will be his understudy

Defense:
Outgoings -> club wants to get rid of all of Lenget, Umtiti, Mingueza at CB.
Sergi Roberto is low-balled and won't renew. Dest will stay unless a huge offer comes. Alves dependent on whether Azpli joins
Incomings -> Christensen signed :)angry:), club is working on getting Lisandro Martinez :)barcascarf:), Xavi wants Azpli and club will try get him,
Grimaldo is 1st option to strengthen LB

Midfield:
Outgoings -> Nico will be tried as 6 in the pre-season. If he doesn't convince, he will be loaned out. Puig will leave (loan or sale). Pjanic is out. FDJ will stay unless an offer >> 70m arrives
Incomings -> Kessie signed :)angry:), Pablo Torre will fill in the squad

Attack:
Outgoings -> Memphis, Adama, Luuk, Braithwaite will all leave (or return from loan). Utmost priority of the club to renew Dembele.
Incomings -> club will try to get Raphina REGARDLESS of Dembele's future :)barcascarf:).
A number 9 will be bought. Haaland impossible, Lewa difficult because of his wages.
Realistic options club studies -> 1) Lautaro for whom Inter want 60m + Memphis, Pjanic. The advantage of getting him is that we can get rid of both.
2) Gabriel Jesus :)barcascarf:). Contract runs out in '23, can be bought for around 30m.

Another piece of info he leaks in that Busi will head to MLS in 2023, and possibly Alba, Pique will leave/retire then as well

Now, a possible image of the 22/23 squad looks like this:

GK: Ter Stegen, Inaki Pena
Defense: Dest, Alves/Azpli, Pique, Araujo, Eric, Lisandro, Christensen, Alba, Grimaldo
Midfield: Busi, Pedri, Gavi, FDJ, Kessie, Pablo Torre, Nico(?)
Attack: Ferran, Ansu, Raphinia, Dembele, Auba, no 9 (Jesus?, Lautaro?)

My opinion:
If we manage to keep Dembele, get Raphinia, and Jesus, our attack will be FIRE :xavi: next season.
5 top notch options and 1 clear sub (Auba). Even if we have 4 top notch options (without a no 9) I will be fine with it.
Defense will be great with clear starting 4 Dest-Araujo-Lisandro-Grimaldo (Alba only for easy LL games)
Md will still have Busi as main pivot, with all the problems in transitions

We can definitely snatch a domestic double with all that firepower upfront, and maybe get to CL QFs (SFs with a good draw)

Share your thoughts on this potential 22/23 squad

JamDav1982

That Blck account has no inside knowledge and guesses.

Was saying Haaland a done deal etc.

One of many such twitter handles that gains a bit of traction and has nothing.

JamDav1982

Handles like that BlxckNews try to take bit of news add a twist and hope to get lucky.

Text book claim would be to see FDJ linked to City and then see what Barca need and make some claim of a Porro, Zinchenko and Jesus swap for FDJ.

Give it a few days and one of them will make a similar claim.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
FWIW I think both Lautaro or Gabriel Jesus would be awful signings for us. Not the type of #9s we need and very wasteful in front of goal which frankly is the last thing we need right now.

ajnotkeith

The planning of the transfer business of the club in the summer has been morphing for some time.
Now, there is more reliable info that can base a concrete image of the incomings and outgoings of this summer.

(A very good twitter account with info from the club summarized most operations/scenarios for the summer. I am basing this post on his summary)

Info:
GK:
Outgoings -> Neto will leave or given freedom letter.
Incomings -> No change. The club will continue betting on Ter Stegen, and Inaki Pena will be his understudy

Defense:
Outgoings -> club wants to get rid of all of Lenget, Umtiti, Mingueza at CB.
Sergi Roberto is low-balled and won't renew. Dest will stay unless a huge offer comes. Alves dependent on whether Azpli joins
Incomings -> Christensen signed :)angry:), club is working on getting Lisandro Martinez :)barcascarf:), Xavi wants Azpli and club will try get him,
Grimaldo is 1st option to strengthen LB

Midfield:
Outgoings -> Nico will be tried as 6 in the pre-season. If he doesn't convince, he will be loaned out. Puig will leave (loan or sale). Pjanic is out. FDJ will stay unless an offer >> 70m arrives
Incomings -> Kessie signed :)angry:), Pablo Torre will fill in the squad

Attack:
Outgoings -> Memphis, Adama, Luuk, Braithwaite will all leave (or return from loan). Utmost priority of the club to renew Dembele.
Incomings -> club will try to get Raphina REGARDLESS of Dembele's future :)barcascarf:).
A number 9 will be bought. Haaland impossible, Lewa difficult because of his wages.
Realistic options club studies -> 1) Lautaro for whom Inter want 60m + Memphis, Pjanic. The advantage of getting him is that we can get rid of both.
2) Gabriel Jesus :)barcascarf:). Contract runs out in '23, can be bought for around 30m.

Another piece of info he leaks in that Busi will head to MLS in 2023, and possibly Alba, Pique will leave/retire then as well

Now, a possible image of the 22/23 squad looks like this:

GK: Ter Stegen, Inaki Pena
Defense: Dest, Alves/Azpli, Pique, Araujo, Eric, Lisandro, Christensen, Alba, Grimaldo
Midfield: Busi, Pedri, Gavi, FDJ, Kessie, Pablo Torre, Nico(?)
Attack: Ferran, Ansu, Raphinia, Dembele, Auba, no 9 (Jesus?, Lautaro?)

My opinion:
If we manage to keep Dembele, get Raphinia, and Jesus, our attack will be FIRE :xavi: next season.
5 top notch options and 1 clear sub (Auba). Even if we have 4 top notch options (without a no 9) I will be fine with it.
Defense will be great with clear starting 4 Dest-Araujo-Lisandro-Grimaldo (Alba only for easy LL games)
Md will still have Busi as main pivot, with all the problems in transitions

We can definitely snatch a domestic double with all that firepower upfront, and maybe get to CL QFs (SFs with a good draw)

Share your thoughts on this potential 22/23 squad

Black News just uses his intuition. He said if we make CL Haaland is signing at 99%, now is saying it's not happening as soon as news of him to MC came out.

Also said we are signing Adeyemi in the summer a few months ago, said Luuk is leaving in January, Sterling was coming in January, just a repost of everything Sport and MD report.

Last edited:

Catta

As long as Busi is still a starter everything will be good. Without his unique skill set we would be doomed. That is why no other club has won the CL in years, because they don't have anybody even close to his unique skill set.

Iniesta Ultra

FWIW I think both Lautaro or Gabriel Jesus would be awful signings for us. Not the type of #9s we need and very wasteful in front of goal which frankly is the last thing we need right now.

Totally agree. Auba's better for us than both of them.

Kinda sad only signing I might like is Pablo Torre going by highlight videos. Don't think Kessie's much to look forward to anymore either. Fati, Auba, fumbling Dembele, ghost of Puig, and deserted elders only thing keeping me interested. After Iniesta left and then Messi, it's been really tough keeping the faith especially now we're losing Puig. I see much pain and drudgery coming from Xavijaer.

Birdy

for Lautaro I agree, he is seriously underperforming his G/xG ratio, plus the fee Inter gonna ask is pretty high

For Jesus, I disagree.
He is the type of 9 we need IMO. Crazy pressing counter-pressing and defensive work-rate,
and good in tight spaces in the box, where he will receive the ball at Barca
Fell victim of Pep's tactics the last 2 years where City play striker-less all important games.

Romano is reporting he is set to leave this summer and Arsenal are interested in him

JamDav1982

I would take Jesus for 20/25m if that means it allowed a budget to improve remainder of team and he was on acceptable salary.

Would rather that than pay 40m for 34 year old Lewandowski on huge wages.

Home of Barca Fans