La Liga | Round 31: Levante - FC Barcelona 2-3

BerkeleyBernie

Also- is Levante the whitest club in La Liga? Looks like there are only two players of African heritage in the current squad. Barca, by contrast, has nine.

FinBarcelonafan

Also- is Levante the whitest club in La Liga? Looks like there are only two players of African heritage in the current squad. Barca, by contrast, has nine.

Teams should buy based on the skill level of the player, talent, potential, how they fit the team and price. Not on skin colour.

Saying they are the "whitest" because they have two black players is kind of ridiculous.

Some generation have more white players, some less and vice versa.

You would need way more data(Levante and other teams and then compare) on this before calling them the whitest team. Just saying.. seems harsh.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Teams should buy based on the skill level of the player, talent, potential, how they fit the team and price. Not on skin colour.

Saying they are the "whitest" because they have two black players is kind of ridiculous.

Some generation have more white players, some less and vice versa.

You would need way more data(Levante and other teams and then compare) on this before calling them the whitest team. Just saying.. seems harsh.

Just something I noticed while watching the game. Seemed oddly non-diverse compared to every other team I've watched in Europe (Athletic Bilbao, I get it, based on their regional signing policy- and they have the same number of black players as Levante). So posing the question- is there something in the Levante fan base the same way there was something in the Boston Celtics fan base in 86-87? Maybe someone here knows something about the Valencia region and the two Primera teams based there. It's not like Spanish fans are devoid of racism (remember the Alves banana incident, for one?).

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Just something I noticed while watching the game. Seemed oddly non-diverse compared to every other team I've watched in Europe (Athletic Bilbao, I get it, based on their regional signing policy- and they have the same number of black players as Levante). So posing the question- is there something in the Levante fan base the same way there was something in the Boston Celtics fan base in 86-87? Maybe someone here knows something about the Valencia region and the two Primera teams based there. It's not like Spanish fans are devoid of racism (remember the Alves banana incident, for one?).

It's just a coincidence. Levante had plenty of African players - Caicedo, Diop, Doukoure, Nyom, Obafemi Martins, Boateng just off the top of my head. It is frankly nonsensical you even came up with this, a pure Americanism.

Messi983

Just a few years ago they've had players like Jefferson Lerma (sold to Bornemouth for 30m), Dwamena, Moses Simon, Emmanuel Boateng, Cheick Doukoure, Deyverson,...

Home of Barca Fans