EL Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Eintracht Frankfurt 3-4 agg.

Vladinho

Can someone from Spain or Catalunya explain for me what's the whole "Xavineta" meaning? I get it has to do with getting aboard the Xavi hype train, but I don't get the context. Sorry if dumb question

FC B

Eintracht toped a group consisting of Olympiacos, Fenerbahce and Antwerp with 3 wins and 3 draws, haven't wathced any of those teams but they look to me far from impressive. Then they knocked out Betis with 3-2 on agg. after extra time.

I guess a one goal lead would do for Barca given the return leg is on Camp Nou, ofc I'd like a clear win to begin with if we play with intensity and desire to bag goal after goal.

Andresito

Staff member
Two days ago they drew 0-0 at home against Greuther Furth sitting at bottom of the table. Similar to Villarreal who lost to Levante. I guess both teams are fully focused on their respective Europe campaigns.

Barca's weakness is once again breaking down buses. I think Eintracht's best bet is to sit deep like Galatasaray did. But maybe they'll try to play their own game.

Messi983

Eintracht has received 250k requests for tickets. Their stadium has capacity of 51k and Frankfurt has around 750k habitants. They will surely consider this as a game of the century or something, their fans and players will be ready for 90 minutes of battle, we should be too.

There are also expected around 15-20k German fans at Camp Nou next week. They'll get their usual quota of 5k away tickets but their fans are also preparing to buy tickets on Barca website.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...ibe-250-000-peticiones-entrada-ver-barca.html

FC B

They currently stand 9th in the Bundesliga table with 39 goals scored and 38 conceded at almost 30 points behind the leader Bayern :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
They currently stand 9th in the Bundesliga table with 39 goals scored and 38 conceded at almost 30 points behind the leader Bayern :lol:

Galatasaray been ass in league as well, still caused us more problems than league leaders Real Madrid.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not as easy as what some of you folks think, in my opinion. I watched their games against Betis, they were very good. I think we need to watch out for Kostic on the left and Knauff in particular.

To me the thing with Buli teams in general is their fast transition between defense and offense and we might get caught, so midfield protection is utmost important.

Home of Barca Fans