EL Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Eintracht Frankfurt 3-4 agg.

JerseyAddict

With such results in Europe Barcelona won't be able to attrack top stars... This will be Utd/ACM/Arsenal vol2 remake...

Porque

Think their resting a few like last weekend where they lost in Bundesliga too. These Barca games were their season. We treated them as hotdogs.

LFCB

Xavi said something like, 'the players felt like they were robbed in their own home'. I can just imagine the ones who came out with that were probably our longest serving players :lol:

Messi983

An elite club should not be a disaster in Europe.in a second tier competition we have been humiliated by a second tier team. Disgraceful.

Barca is not an elite club and has not been for years. And we won't be again until certain players who are physically and/or mentally done won't leave. Only delusional fans (not saying you're one of them) believe that after all the "great European nights" we've had in recent years. Mostly the same people who still think Busi and Pique are irrepleacable and they are "back" after playing ok (compared to their previous years) for a month or two.

Was this our worst humiliation?
I don't think so. 8-2 will always be the one.

Performance/results wise 8-2 was obviously much much worse but as FinBarcelonafan and Luft have pointed out the biggest humiliation to me was what happened in the stands. I have no problems admitting defeat to a better team (and Frankfurt were better in both games) but heads should be rolling for that absolute disgrace at Camp Nou. Media reports a week before the game even said there could be invasion of 15-20k German fans to Barcelona (in the end they were even more) so it's not like the club couldn't expect this. And what makes things even worse imo is they wore white kits so not only once I've thought they could be RM fans. Should never happen again.

And to be clear I don't blame Frankfurt fans. I'd absolutely do the same in their place if I could get to the game that was one of if not the most important away games in their history. Just wish those spoiled old Barca socios asses would show anywhere close to the same support, love and passion for Barca than the Germans did. If you don't bother showing up for the game at least sell the ticket to someone you know is a Barca fan.

Nah. Europe League losing to Frankfurt front of 20-30k their fans at camp Nou. This is it.. the bottom.

That part sounds a bit entitled, in my opinion. The EL is not a consolation title that is easy to win, there were and are still some good teams in the tournament, I don't think we should assume if we failed in the CL, a club of our caliber should automatically win the EL.

Losing at Camp Nou is bad, the fact that were like 30K Frankfurt fans today was really embarrassing but the football part, the defeat itself, wasn't too bad for me. We are not there yet. Liverpool was in the EL several years ago, so was Dortmund, we should just keep working and get back to where we belong. Soon enough.

Home of Barca Fans