User Tag List

View Poll Results: Suarez or Benzema?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luis Suarez

    21 65.63%
  • Karim Benzema

    11 34.38%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Suarez vs Benzema

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    5,757
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England

    Suarez vs Benzema

    So I have seen a fair bit of debate regarding this online. Especially after Benzema started performing this well.

    Who's better overall? Not just peak or longevity.

    Who'll be remembered as better in discussion 10 years later. Try being as unbiased as possible. Vote!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    23,546
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benzema especially if he keeps up this level for another season. Longevity is on his side.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    20,671
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez of course

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,150
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saurez.

    Benzema making a good case for himself though.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    5,757
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    Saurez.

    Benzema making a good case for himself though.
    If he performs like this another year, will he be ahead of Suarez for you??

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    KingLeo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    14,486
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benz just slightly ahead of Suarez for me.

    Argument for Benz:
    I don't think Suarez can make a difference at the CL KO level for a struggling team like Benz has been able to do for RM last couple of years.


    Argument for Suarez:

    Very high peak from 2013-2016 (probably 3rd highest after Messi and CR7 in the last 12-13 years). Benz never had this level of production or individual brilliance in his gameplay.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    10,973
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez

    Easy one

  8. #8
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La C?te
    Posts
    10,530
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    Suarez

    Easy one
    It's a nonsensical comparison, Benzema isn't in Luisito's hemisphere even in his dreams
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    5,757
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    It's a nonsensical comparison, Benzema isn't in Luisito's hemisphere even in his dreams
    Personally agree 100%.

    But you would be surprised to see how many people here rate Benz higher.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    40,663
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    Personally agree 100%.

    But you would be surprised to see how many people here rate Benz higher.
    Of course you agree. Benzema is not proven in mighty EPL.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    5,757
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Of course you agree. Benzema is not proven in mighty EPL.
    Lewandowski hasn't played in the Prem. Me(and most people outside this forum) rate him higher than both.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    fergus90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    7,399
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s close as recency bias can cloud judgement. But I’m going Suarez by a small margin.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Rassvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,818
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would lean Suarez now but Benz could usurp him in the next 1-2 years.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    40,663
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy for me. Benzema. Bigger body of work, involved in many more high-profile games in which he was often decisive. Suarez fell off just when he had to make his mark. Was at the end of some severe beatdowns in CL by comparison, and was known to be a lazy player.

    Can't choose a player that basically played 1 CL final in his whole career vs a quadruple CL winner that influenced and was decisive in many CL semis or finals.

    Suarez had more talent, but it's the nth example where better dedication and mentality trumps slightly more talent. It's not like Benzema doesn't have loads of talent anyway.

    It's a bit like Ronaldinho vs Cristiano Ronaldo. I take consistency over a long time as the most important argument. Benzema is like top 3-5 in his position for about 12 years. Pretty crazy.
    Last edited by serghei; 26th March 2022 at 06:26 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    20,671
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Easy for me. Benzema. Bigger body of work, involved in many more high-profile games in which he was often decisive. Suarez fell off just when he had to make his mark. Was at the end of some severe beatdowns in CL by comparison, and was known to be a lazy player.

    Can't choose a player that basically played 1 CL final in his whole career vs a quadruple CL winner that influenced and was decisive in many CL semis or finals.

    Suarez had more talent, but it's the nth example where better dedication and mentality trumps slightly more talent. It's not like Benzema doesn't have loads of talent anyway.

    It's a bit like Ronaldinho vs Cristiano Ronaldo. I take consistency over a long time as the most important argument. Benzema is like top 3-5 in his position for about 12 years. Pretty crazy.
    Benzema had like 4 league goals a season years LMAO