Suarez vs Benzema

Suarez or Benzema?

• Total voters

Temptation

So I have seen a fair bit of debate regarding this online. Especially after Benzema started performing this well.

Who's better overall? Not just peak or longevity.

Who'll be remembered as better in discussion 10 years later. Try being as unbiased as possible. Vote!!!

KingLeo10

Benz just slightly ahead of Suarez for me.

Argument for Benz:
I don't think Suarez can make a difference at the CL KO level for a struggling team like Benz has been able to do for RM last couple of years.

Argument for Suarez:

Very high peak from 2013-2016 (probably 3rd highest after Messi and CR7 in the last 12-13 years). Benz never had this level of production or individual brilliance in his gameplay.

serghei

Easy for me. Benzema. Bigger body of work, involved in many more high-profile games in which he was often decisive. Suarez fell off just when he had to make his mark. Was at the end of some severe beatdowns in CL by comparison, and was known to be a lazy player.

Can't choose a player that basically played 1 CL final in his whole career vs a quadruple CL winner that influenced and was decisive in many CL semis or finals.

Suarez had more talent, but it's the nth example where better dedication and mentality trumps slightly more talent. It's not like Benzema doesn't have loads of talent anyway.

It's a bit like Ronaldinho vs Cristiano Ronaldo. I take consistency over a long time as the most important argument. Benzema is like top 3-5 in his position for about 12 years. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Messigician

Easy for me. Benzema. Bigger body of work, involved in many more high-profile games in which he was often decisive. Suarez fell off just when he had to make his mark. Was at the end of some severe beatdowns in CL by comparison, and was known to be a lazy player.

Can't choose a player that basically played 1 CL final in his whole career vs a quadruple CL winner that influenced and was decisive in many CL semis or finals.

Suarez had more talent, but it's the nth example where better dedication and mentality trumps slightly more talent. It's not like Benzema doesn't have loads of talent anyway.

It's a bit like Ronaldinho vs Cristiano Ronaldo. I take consistency over a long time as the most important argument. Benzema is like top 3-5 in his position for about 12 years. Pretty crazy.

Benzema had like 4 league goals a season years LMAO

Temptation

Can you remind me of some massive games where Benz made a difference in??

PSG and??

Always got the feeling that Ronaldo and Bale scored the most clutch goals. Ofcourse, Lord Karius gifted Benzema the worst goal in a CL final.

serghei

Can you remind me of some massive games where Benz made a difference in??

PSG and??

Always got the feeling that Ronaldo and Bale scored the most clutch goals. Ofcourse, Lord Karius gifted Benzema the worst goal in a CL final.

PSG, CL final vs Liverpool where he opened the score, CL semis vs Bayern where he scored the only goal vs Bayern on Bernabey in 2014, scored a double vs Bayern again on Bernabeu in 2018, made the goal vs Atletico away in 2017 that sealed the tie for them to play the final (was 2-3 on aggregate at the time with Atletico having Madrid on the ropes).

Do I really? :lol: Probably missed some even.

Some people even forgot Benzema scored vs Dortmund in the 2013 semis as well when they were close to overturn the 1-4 and only won 2-0 on Bernabeu in the return leg.

Last edited:

Temptation

PSG, CL final vs Liverpool where he opened the score, CL semis vs Bayern where he scored the only goal vs Bayern on Bernabey in 2014, scored a double vs Bayern again on Bernabeu in 2018, made the goal vs Atletico away in 2017 that sealed the tie for them to play the final (was 2-3 on aggregate at the time with Atletico having Madrid on the ropes).

Do I really? :lol: Probably missed some even.

Some people even forgot Benzema scored vs Dortmund in the 2013 semis as well when they were close to overturn the 1-4 and only won 2-0 on Bernabeu in the return leg.

Thomas Muller(not a striker) has more CL knockout goals than Benzema. That should give you an idea.

Also, for other players goals in a losing cause is never counted. So the goals vs Dorrmund aren't really worth mentioning.

Some of the PSG goals, Karius and Ulreich goals were gifts. Pretty sure other players would be called "lucky" for them....

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans